Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-08-2022, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know of a few tricks to use banks as an evil race, but I might not know them all.

I think everyone knows how to bank at North Freeport (feign death and peak around the wall, etc)

This is also possible in Kelethin (which is great because that entire continent is tough for evils)

Are there any more tricks to bank at different cities? I'm an Iksar Necro (with FD) and I think it would be helpful to bank at Felwithe, for example. I know that bank has a little cubby space off to the side. Is it possible to bank there (or any other bank)?
Only reason to ask a question like this is foreknowledge of a real new pvp server and wanting to get ready
Old 10-08-2022, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone mention u can you can stand above the gnome bankers in akanon and los them yet?
Old 10-08-2022, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it feels like an oversight. Especially as npc skeletons are kos.
yeah, but to be fair oversights like that are like the in game James Webb discoveries that really make me love this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally skeleton doesn’t have a race faction modifier, so by using skeleton illusion your race modifier should be set to zero.

This will improve faction for places which don’t like your race
Skeleton illusion did not do that in Classic. I had a Necro back then (and saw plenty of others running around), being in skelly form did not suddenly make us non-KOS to Barbarians, Wood Elves, etc. Whereas on p99 when I went into Halas as a Dark Elf and clicked AoN, suddenly I wasn't KoS.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Fire Giant

Create a lvl 1 human / half elf in Freeport, run it to EC tunnel

Ask people to for help with xfers

Done, you pretty much never have to use a NPC bank ever again
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-10-2022, 02:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skeleton illusion did not do that in Classic. I had a Necro back then (and saw plenty of others running around), being in skelly form did not suddenly make us non-KOS to Barbarians, Wood Elves, etc. Whereas on p99 when I went into Halas as a Dark Elf and clicked AoN, suddenly I wasn't KoS.
Sure it did. The skeleton only removed your race modifier. You still had your class, deity and actions modifiers, which as a necro was enough to make you still kos n

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 10-10-2022, 07:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What diety do you follow now? If your agnostic that makes a huge difference over inny/cazic/bertox
Old 10-10-2022, 08:20 AM
Banned

I tested skeleton illusion last night in Neriak.

As a Iksar Necro, I went from Threatening to Amiable using Call of Bones (level 34 lich spell)

It only works with factions who are cool with skeletons, I assume. I also use it with a handful of neutral(?) faction NPCs who are otherwise Dubious with me. Bubar in the tunnel for food/drink, and Romya(?) as she sells Peridots, and other gems.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sure it did. The skeleton only removed your race modifier. You still had your class, deity and actions modifiers, which as a necro was enough to make you still kos
Nah, other classes under skeleton illusion had the same thing happen. We had duels back then and Ignite Bones turns other people into skeletons. No evil race players were suddenly non-KoS to good-aligned guards just because they were a skeleton.

Found a thread where someone was doing research on this matter - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=271322

The skelly illusion was giving improved evil-aligned faction until 2001, at which point it was changed to not give any faction benefit.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Just goto thurg, simple port and you can bank and sell no matter race.