Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azoraa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am going to side with the "fix it" camp here. My friend and I are already discussing not choosing certain races or classes as a result of any 'penalty' on them. Likewise, it will definitely affect who we choose for forming groups if it is going to penalize whole group. I don't see how you can just pretend like it isn't there if you have to make choices around that.

* and to that guy who said nobody is going to wait around half an hour for the right class.. yes, we will because we can manage our time around that waiting.
The exp penalty exists precisely to force people to make the decision you are "already" discussing. So working as intended in that regard. There's nothing to fix, that was the explicit intent. They were looking to make certain classes rarer. They understood there would be discrimination but they figured enough would make it to max level and prosper. If you're looking for change, that happens later when that patch arrives, when the intent changes. "The Vision" is classic.

If you want exp, you and your friend should roll a Monk and Shaman or some other power duo and go get that exp. Remember, exp stops being an issue in time, but people remember being dissed forever. That Ogre SK is going to be spending raid points on gear that you need.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:43 AM
Sarnak

The amount of people who care about the EXP penalties is minimal. I had no problem grouping on my RNG. If you are a player who plays their class to the best of their ability, who isn't constantly going AFK or not paying attention, who does their best to have good gear and maybe even multiple pieces per slot for different situations, and most importantly of all someone who is polite and fun to be around and not an annoying e-hipster, people will gladly take you regardless of your class.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Fire Giant

People saying they are going to wait an hour for the perfect XP group are so full of shit their eyes are brown. You can say it til the cows come home now, but once you get into the classic era, you won't be doing this and the other 4 people in your group aren't gonna be putting up with your bullshit.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

^ I had a group once of 4 rangers, dru, and me, a necro. Did i mind? Nope. Was happy to be able to watch tv and get exp while my pet did most of the work in the group =)
Closed Thread