Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A new RED ffa server that is advertised and starts in classic will see a good population boost. To maintain the population: impartial GM involvement, classic timeline followed etc.
+events. Though something needs to be done to discourage or prevent zerging if we're to prevent the past from repeating itself. Otherwise, the same people who zerg raid now will still zerg raid.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+events. Though something needs to be done to discourage or prevent zerging if we're to prevent the past from repeating itself. Otherwise, the same people who zerg raid now will still zerg raid.
Yea maybe. I'm not sure how to address zerging and honestly I don't even care. Maybe at least one zerg guild is neccesary to keep bluebies playing.

I just want to see people in Norrath again, actually out on the map, to PvP. Having a new server were people actually have a reason to go out and farm jboots, or fungis, or cloaks of flames, wurmcloaks etc would hopefully increase pvp.

On Red currently I can port to every Velious zone, run to KC, run through kael etc, and not find a single person. Simply because there is almost no reason other than simple enjoyment of the game for anyone to be doing things in external zones, everyone already has a stockpile of 4 twinks worth of gear and is getting no drop items that are better than anything they can self farm.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Banned

friendly reminder none of this is gonna happen
Old 01-24-2016, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Red currently I can port to every Velious zone, run to KC, run through kael etc, and not find a single person. Simply because there is almost no reason other than simple enjoyment of the game for anyone to be doing things in external zones, everyone already has a stockpile of 4 twinks worth of gear and is getting no drop items that are better than anything they can self farm.
actually agree. I like you Bokke, do you like me?
Old 01-24-2016, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tameth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually agree. I like you Bokke, do you like me?
I think your name got brought up once in TS. It was for maybe 4-5 seconds. Someone just said, "who?" and then it was never brought up again.

now u no
Old 01-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think your name got brought up once in TS. It was for maybe 4-5 seconds. Someone just said, "who?" and then it was never brought up again.

now u no
not sure who you are, but this is Red forums, fuck off back to blue
Old 01-24-2016, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salaryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Increase the lv range, most of these nerds already have multiple twinks across all lv ranges.
Increasing the lv range to atleast 8 would only give more legit pvp, since people are already being "griefed" by "players they cant kill" anyways.
Then when the game has more pvp, it becomes more fun and people play more.
Clearly this dude didn't play on the server when VP geared toons were ripping through lvl 52s in rags....
Old 01-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Velious needed a close #2 Zerg and maybe a #3 to enjoy pvp throughout the lands over content. Unfortunately any open competition was killed at its roots to ensure a single megazerg.

Let the 1 guild farm loot on a pvp server to not use it for pvp. This box is already between 10-12% of blue's pop during peak hours. I'd say not much longer to go before it degrades to when the server was at the pop it was years into kunark and no exp bonus.

In theory it's kind of worse since red was always 15-20% of blue during peak times.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious needed a close #2 Zerg and maybe a #3 to enjoy pvp throughout the lands over content. Unfortunately any open competition was killed at its roots to ensure a single megazerg.

Let the 1 guild farm loot on a pvp server to not use it for pvp. This box is already between 10-12% of blue's pop during peak hours. I'd say not much longer to go before it degrades to when the server was at the pop it was years into kunark and no exp bonus.

In theory it's kind of worse since red was always 15-20% of blue during peak times.
This poster played in Nihilum for over a year with double digit pop and never complained once