Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:54 AM
Large Bat

Default LnS rules?

I have had a constant problem on this server with Loot and Scoot. When trying to ask for loot and scoot while being bind camped, I often get the response "You can't call loot and scoot once we've attacked you."

This doesn't seem right to me. if I'm being attacked before I even fully load client side into the game, then I don't get the right to call loot and scoot?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I feel like the rules of LnS should be more clearly defined. I get a lot of rules lawyering from people on this subject, and it seems very ambiguous. Are you no longer allowed to call LnS once the PK'er has aggressed you? even if you're naked? Or being bind camped?

It'd be nice to see a GM step in and help with the definition of these rules. Or at least make these things clear. Because it's becoming a big problem with griefers on r99.

Now don't get me wrong. I understand that PvP servers lend very gracefully to griefers, and they are as much a part of the community as say trolls like Slathar or Gongshow. And there's no stopping grief all together. But there's a line that needs to be drawn.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Both bind camping and denying LnS are against the rules and subject to disciplinary action. Please see the stickies on this forum page.

Also: name and shame.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah just like on blue people will try to find loopholes in rules. If they can't find one, they just make one. Best thing about it is that it is so easy to get out of range of low level griefers. Don't know what level you're dealing with.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Just petition and screenshot or log it and name and shame
Old 11-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Banned

If you call LNS, and die again at your bind or what not. They know you called LNS, whether its called mid attack or before soon as you respawn if they attack you again full know welling LNS is called you have all the right to petition them for it. Be nice to know who is doing it though, it is a lot of work for GM's to deal with this petty bullshit to begin with so any chance of it being stopped by other players might help imo.

Some people msg one person in tell LNS(best to let everyone whos there know on the off chance someone isn't paying attention or the person you told doesn't share the fact you called LNS whether its because hes an ass or he forgets), others say it in shout, few say it in ooc. One thing if your doing it near a zone line sometimes some people wont see it in ooc if they are zoning. But its no excuse if you call LNS mid attack, die and go back to your corpse and they jump you again.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Kobold

Yeah I've seen some bullshit that 'oh you respawned and i autoattacked you before you typed LNS, die retard.'

Also the requirement to 'LNS in /ooc' is bullshit, the rules just state you need to make the attackers aware of your intent, and the zones you move through.

People have some serious ego trips when playing here.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

I don't really get the fun in attacking nakeds unless they're bind rushing you

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure how this is possible. If you declare LNS in OOC after you die, then you've done it before they have attacked you. If you are being killed before you can OOC it at your bind you are being bind camped which is against the rules.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenTheMad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd be nice to see a GM step in and help with the definition of these rules. Or at least make these things clear. Because it's becoming a big problem with griefers on r99.
The rule is clear and simple, some idiots will always look for an excuse to break them.

Petition those people, try to get em banned. Eventually it will work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Please give some examples of this happening utilizing r99pvp.com. Until then I just don't believe this is happening to you regularly.
Closed Thread