Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Orc

Default Starting a rogue

So I've tried playing caster classes but I've decided that they really aren't for me so I'm going to try a rogue instead (always enjoyed melee classes in other MMO's). I've been able to gather up a great start to gear but I'm wondering on what to get next.

Items I currently have are Crystalline Spider Fang (10/22), FBSS, x2 5ac/55hp rings. I am planning of saving up for Crystalline Short Sword (12/24) for an offhand weapon. To me this seems like the essentials for being successful lvling a rogue. What items should I be looking for next as I start to level and gather some plat?
Old 06-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Stack strength, get more hp/sta gear, and if you have spare change, you could grab a 12 or 13 dmg primary for higher backstabs. Like a Small Dragonbone Shard for example.

Strength for higher hits and backstabs, hp for when you pull aggro and evade fails (especially low level), and the higher primary damage for those sweet BS hits. If you stick with the Crystalline Spider Fang, you could get some dex too.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Orc

Do you think it would be better for me to save up to replace my Crystalline Spider fang with Small Dragonbone Shard before I start filling other slots? I literally just started my rogue so he is naked except for Crystalline Spider Fang (10/22), FBSS, x2 5ac/55hp rings. I still have to purchase my Crystalline Short Sword for offhand.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

Just grab a set of banded armor and save up for better weapons. You already have a good start. Grab whatever hard hitting piercer main hand you can, even something like 13/30 is fine. CSS is fine for an offhand.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Jade Chokidai Prod is a very common and very easy to get starting piercer.