Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Orc

Default Ranger Woodsman vs Forged Velium Claidmore

My ranger is fast approaching level 30. I'm currently wielding a forged velium claidmore 30/35. My plan was upon reaching 30 to sell or trade the claidmore for a woodsman. Is it worth it? How much difference will the 1 more weapon damage make? Any opinions, suggestions or maths would be greatly appreciated!

The claidmore more is arguably more cool looking than the woodsman...
Old 06-03-2016, 02:37 AM
Kobold

I've been using a 30/37 velium battleaxe since mid 20s and love it. It was also 1/3 the price of a woodsman's and of course doesn't look like a fat wood question mark.

Couldn't say how much "more" damage +1 would be but doesn't really seem worth it unless you absolutely wanted to min/max til epics.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:19 AM
Sarnak

I would. Even just one more damage adds up as you get closer to 40 and beyond.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Orc

Thanks for the responses! I know until 30 the max hit is 60 plus str and atk rating can add to the max hit. But how much will that 1 extra wep dmg do post 30? If it is say 10 extra dmg per hit on average, that can add up over the course of a fight. If it takes say, 20 hits that 10 extra dmg a hit is 200 more damage, which is rather significant. Is there a formula for this?
Old 06-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the responses! I know until 30 the max hit is 60 plus str and atk rating can add to the max hit. But how much will that 1 extra wep dmg do post 30? If it is say 10 extra dmg per hit on average, that can add up over the course of a fight. If it takes say, 20 hits that 10 extra dmg a hit is 200 more damage, which is rather significant. Is there a formula for this?
just going off of the formula on the wiki

Quote:
Average_Slash = (2 * Weapon_Base) + Bonus_Modifier + STR Modifier
that 1 extra damage (not counting the other bonuses) would be 2 extra damage per swing. which doesn't seem like much but I'm not sure exactly how much str/atk adds to it.

with my 30/37 axe and str163/atk907 I often hit for 110-120 per swing so those gotta play a pretty bug role!
Old 06-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Orc

I use the wiki quite a bit, didn't know that information was there, thanks! I think I'll forgo the woodsman, since the bonus will be the same with the claidmore. 2 more dmg per hit doesn't really seem worth it. Granted 10 hits would be 20 extra dmg but that doesn't seem so significant. Thanks!
Closed Thread