Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

When the October 2001 patch hits, I believe 2H damage bonuses should follow this table. Generally speaking, 2H weapons have been junk for the entire life of the server. That will change with the Oct 2001 patch. Abashi's Rod will be marginally better than Gharn's Rock+Fist of Nature. The Bo Staff of Trorsmang will beat out double Wu's Fists of Mastery. Smart warriors will choose Gaudralek over two SODs (except Sakuragi, because fuck that terrible iksar 2HS animation) and the 2H epic will be seen more frequently than the split 1H epic. Paladins and Shadowknights will be able to do moderate damage. The biggest losers will be Rogues, who will be stuck with 1H.

Also, I played around a bit last year with dual wielding the Bo Staff. It's not as hard as you make it sound. When you see the 'you crush XX' you just click the mouse, wait 1 second, and click again. It's still way more work than I like to do, especially since the average raid on P1999 consists of about 50x the number of players needed to actually beat the content.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Banned

considering you're not getting an offhand hit in every single time you do this and gharn's has an unresistable 80 damage proc, i'm pretty sure gharn's + fist of nature/lightning is unbeatable
Old 04-24-2016, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

sperglord calculator includes the 80 damage proc, although it doesn't include the FON proc as that doesn't land on raid mobs
Old 05-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the October 2001 patch hits, I believe 2H damage bonuses should follow this table. Generally speaking, 2H weapons have been junk for the entire life of the server. That will change with the Oct 2001 patch. Abashi's Rod will be marginally better than Gharn's Rock+Fist of Nature. The Bo Staff of Trorsmang will beat out double Wu's Fists of Mastery. Smart warriors will choose Gaudralek over two SODs (except Sakuragi, because fuck that terrible iksar 2HS animation) and the 2H epic will be seen more frequently than the split 1H epic. Paladins and Shadowknights will be able to do moderate damage. The biggest losers will be Rogues, who will be stuck with 1H.
I'm not sold on a 30-40 point damage bonus on a slow weapon being game changing. More worried about monk triple attack.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

This is not a trick, it's autism
Old 06-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Can someone explain the mechanics of this weapon swapping thing works? What's going on exactly? Something that only works with monk epic?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Fire Giant

When is the "upgraded damage" patch supposed to be according to the timeline??
Old 06-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkybunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone explain the mechanics of this weapon swapping thing works? What's going on exactly? Something that only works with monk epic?
This is not something that only works with monk epic. How it works, you "trick" the duel wield trigger by unequipping your 2hb right as it hits causing a dual wield trigger for your offhand...often getting a swing with that offhand..

I have found I can make best use of it when wielding an Imbued Fighters Staff..the 40 delay, even hasted gives a split second longer to time the unequip..

Its very tedious to do, but certainly adds a significant amount of damage to your target..especially useful when soloing where every bit of dmg helps..
Old 06-06-2016, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

You don't have to unequip it right away. Just need to do it before the mainhand delay cycles ^^