Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

One group is plenty for gwurms - anything more and you'll have tons of downtime between the three spawns. Nowadays I'm sure they can be triod efficiently, but yeah if you catch a chromodrac at the wrong time it could easily be game over. I say just play it safe and build out a full group - you will want tash and crowd control.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Banned

SHM/MNK/CLR is the safe bet. SHM/MNK/ENCH is the fun one.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

SHM/BARD is the fun one - just takes a while to kill.

SHM/BARD + rog or mnk or ranger is also fun, and can usually kill all three before respawn.

Astuce
Old 12-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with Torpor is that it's trying to replicate a Live environment where Shamans were initially very rare, with a P99 environment where Shamans were popular from the start. No spell should ever have reached the price of Torpor without intervention and it's getting a bit ridiculous that this continues.

Trying to be Classic has created a situation which is utterly Not Classic.
Well put.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well unless you think classic isnt a server pop peak of 1300 (shamans)
I happen to agree with you, but not because of this argument.

The total number of shamans at lvl60 on p99 (not currently logged in) is greater than the number of 60 shamans on live servers in this era. So, there is something to be said about the skewed server population here affecting the demand for torpor. Like all other things on p99 players know how valuable this is for a shaman. The conditions on p99 def make Torpor harder to get your hands on here than on live during the same era.

I just happen to think that its a fair price and its more classic not to tinker with the drop rate than it is to make it more common. There are lots of things that fall into this category on p99, some of them make the game easier than it was on live...some of them make it harder. It is what it is, and I think the devs would do more harm than good if they tried to tune the knobs to make the server "feel" more classic.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:41 AM
Aviak

Ok so my tl;dr so far is that since I don't have Torpor yet my best bet is cliff golems which I should be able to do without Torp (probably). When I get Torp + monk friend is better geared we can try things like juggs or grab a clr and do wurms.

If it takes 20 days of farming cliff golems I'd still be happier doing that over porting :P
Old 12-05-2016, 01:51 AM
Aviak

Funny to me, getting torpor being way more difficult than completing a whole epic quest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2016, 02:09 AM
Aviak

This might be a dumb question but when duoing with a monk are you healing directly with torpor during fights or using that to canni and spam other heals on the mnk?

I know it has a negative impact on atk speed so it would obviously lower DPS on the monk
Old 12-05-2016, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movember [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so my tl;dr so far is that since I don't have Torpor yet my best bet is cliff golems which I should be able to do without Torp (probably). When I get Torp + monk friend is better geared we can try things like juggs or grab a clr and do wurms.

If it takes 20 days of farming cliff golems I'd still be happier doing that over porting :P
If you are a 60 shaman then your best bet is to farm the pp. Try to relax and remember that its about the journey: getting your epic and torpor ARE the game, not some prequel to the real game that will come afterwards. Have fun, make friends, farm cash. You can make a ton of pp solo doing very easy camps for a 60 shaman (even without torpor).

If you really want a torpor NOW the best bet is to join a guild that clears that stuff regularly.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movember [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This might be a dumb question but when duoing with a monk are you healing directly with torpor during fights or using that to canni and spam other heals on the mnk?

I know it has a negative impact on atk speed so it would obviously lower DPS on the monk
Depends on the fight. I've done both.
Closed Thread