Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunababy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+mana is better than +wis. I wouldn't recommend quadding as a druid until you can use lumi staff. just charm animals in OT until 46
This - quad kiting just isn't worth it IMO until you get to higher levels. Low mana pool + ineffective spells. Lumi staff is immediate god-mode though.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movember [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This - quad kiting just isn't worth it IMO until you get to higher levels. Low mana pool + ineffective spells. Lumi staff is immediate god-mode though.
I recall quadding on my old druid before having a lumi staff, and it was great. Anytime you are using one spell to hit 4 mobs, that's pretty efficient damage-wise.

Lumi staff is convenient, but by the time you get to 50+, it's really quite weak and takes tons of time to use it if you plan to burn down entire quads with it.

More or less, I think it's just useful to finish off mobs when you want to try to save some mana.

Quadding really becomes less of a soloing strategy 53+ because there simply aint a lot of mobs available to quad.

Hence why so many people do bear pits, or end up grouping in KC and other dungeons just to grind the XP to 60.

Problem is, most groups prefer a cleric healing, or a shaman in group with a cleric, not a druid.

My point is, I would suggest quadding while you can do it, because the higher lvl you get, the less mobs there are that you can quad.

Other point is, lumi staff seems great till the mobs you are quadding appear tickled by it, and it takes 15-20 clicks of it. Sure, it's mana-free and that is awesome, but it's a very slow process if you use a lumi staff alone for higher level mobs.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

You should be able to quad pirates in FV with your current mana pool, it'll be tight and a resist might make things difficult, but you can make it easier on yourself by binding on the cliffs, then porting back to WC to get a clarity in EC or sometimes there is an enchanter to get a clarity from in FV. But FV is definitely the place to quad, plenty of mobs to choose from and a good level spread to quad to 42ish. Each level you get will deepen your mana pool substantially, so in a few levels it'll become a lot easier.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

I quadded from 34 or so until 55ish. Lumi staff was ok, not god mode. It helped finish off quads I couldn't quite get down with my mana pool.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I quadded from 34 or so until 55ish. Lumi staff was ok, not god mode. It helped finish off quads I couldn't quite get down with my mana pool.
That's my recollection of my druid when I leveled him too. Years ago mind you. All of this, "Lumi Staff is god mode" is pure hyperbole tbh.

It's good to quad early on, take advantage of the fact you can quad as early as possible.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Lumi staff with snare bracer with wolf bracer with levi cloak is pretty damn effective, you can quad non-stop and never use any mana. It's slow quadding though, but still faster than medding, just depends if you want to spend all of your time kiting mobs or if you want to kite, then go do your laundry and come back and kite again.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lumi staff with snare bracer with wolf bracer with levi cloak is pretty damn effective, you can quad non-stop and never use any mana. It's slow quadding though, but still faster than medding, just depends if you want to spend all of your time kiting mobs or if you want to kite, then go do your laundry and come back and kite again.
If I have a bowl of pudding, I would rather eat it with a normal sized spoon, not a spoon that's the size of a safety pin.

That's about how it is with a lumi staff, if you use it for full quads.

Sure it works, but I personally couldn't be bothered to use it non-stop to avoid medding, especially on the higher lvl mobs.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I have a bowl of pudding, I would rather eat it with a normal sized spoon, not a spoon that's the size of a safety pin.

That's about how it is with a lumi staff, if you use it for full quads.

Sure it works, but I personally couldn't be bothered to use it non-stop to avoid medding, especially on the higher lvl mobs.
It takes about 5 or 6 minutes to quad level 40 mobs with a lumi staff (23x cast 176dd at 10 seconds per cast on a 4k hp mob is about 4 minutes, add a couple minutes for snaring, grouping and staying out of melee range), which are blue through 54, vs the 10-15 minutes you'll spend killing and medding back to full without it, so it's really quite a bit faster and it's basically 10 levels of never needing to med.

But do what you want, just don't tell people it's slower when math says it's really 2-3x faster.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It takes about 5 or 6 minutes to quad level 40 mobs with a lumi staff (23x cast 176dd at 10 seconds per cast on a 4k hp mob is about 4 minutes, add a couple minutes for snaring, grouping and staying out of melee range), which are blue through 54, vs the 10-15 minutes you'll spend killing and medding back to full without it, so it's really quite a bit faster and it's basically 10 levels of never needing to med.

But do what you want, just don't tell people it's slower when math says it's really 2-3x faster.
It was a long time ago when I used it, but I just remember thinking the lumi staff was awesome when I first got it, then after about 4-5 lvls or so, when I started doing higher lvl mobs, it wasn't nearly as awesome.

Nice to have when OOM, but far too slow of a process to kill entire quads with it once you are 52-53. I just think it wears out it's usefulness pretty quickly.

It's nice to have in the bag for later levels, clickies are always nice, but it's not nearly as great later on as it is when you can first use it at lvl 46.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Lets not forget it is a bit harder to use...I had to be really on my game because it takes so long to cast they are really in your face when it fires. But, it's a good buy for a quadding druid, it's definitely a help.