Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The claims that all of these people were all exploiting P99auctions to inflate prices are extremely exaggerated. I have played on P99 long enough that I have a pretty good idea of the market value of a lot of items. When I would compare that against listings on P99auctions, most of the time P99auctions was pretty accurate.
Maybe true, but it still happened.

Also, like Thufir said above, really the only people hurt by this in the game are people that never spend any time in the tunnel. These players won't know prices or have any site that tells them what they should pay or sell items for.

Shouldn't it be that way? Classic, right?

If you want to know prices in EC, then learn them like anyone else does who barters there.

If I don't raid it doesn't make sense for me to cry about not having access to raid gears. It's the same with barter prices in EC.

If you never barter in EC, then naturally you won't have knowledge of what an item is worth or not worth.

Sadly I think there's a nefarious reason as to why the P99 auction site was bombarded by useless information all for the obvious purpose of ruining it's success.

That's the worst thing about the site being pulled down. It should not have stopped due to being sabotaged by some pathetic, pixel-greedy nerds who probably were losing real money over it.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:50 PM
Aviak

Well this sucks - it was a great service/idea.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:15 PM
Senior Server Guide

If anyone knows the team behind this site, please have them reach out to me via PM - might be able to work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame View Post
Aussie last seen nerfing troll shaman with gm powers in oasis on blue server. Red as fuck.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

What questionable thing have I done in the past? Removed the ability to use my site with ad blockers enabled for the period I was running ads to cover hosting?

If you haven't noticed, I have had the ads on my site disabled for the last year and a half or so (and provided this site/service that does what p99auctions did since around 2011, 5 years now).

Like I said, they probably had some motivation to do the site (start up venture, collecting user details etc.) and like the other clone sites (p99 maps) has copied something I put together with more glamor, then came and went.

As always, the tools I've put together for p99 are freely available for anyone to download, re-use, modify, do anything with (as all the site code has been open source on my github):

Auction site:
http://ahungry.com/eqauctions

Source (run your own auction server!):
https://github.com/ahungry/com.ahungry

Auction log uploader (point the url to your server and have friends upload their own logs):
https://github.com/ahungry/eqAuction

Realtime synchronized Map app (runs in local web browser) + p99 patching application:
https://github.com/ahungry/p99-patcher

Single user map application (no sync with other players) but in native sdl2:
https://github.com/ahungry/ahungry-map

Oh, and as typing this, I remember paulgiamatti is the guy who was guilded with the thief who ran off with my Fungi after a botched transfer when I trusted a random 50+ to assist me with it (at which time I had put out a call to action on my site condemning the aforementioned's guild).
Old 10-31-2016, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

The person that put together p99auctions is a former BDA that's actually still active on p99, the dude wanted to do something nice for the server and scratch a programming itch that he had. There was nothing to be gathered or gained, it was merely an exercise to work with some new skills and do something nice for p99 in the process.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The person that put together p99auctions is a former BDA that's actually still active on p99, the dude wanted to do something nice for the server and scratch a programming itch that he had. There was nothing to be gathered or gained, it was merely an exercise to work with some new skills and do something nice for p99 in the process.
Oh nice - I know he released the client source after my asking about it last time, does he plan to release the site source so someone else can take and extend it now?
Old 10-31-2016, 10:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!

You crazy sperg.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:39 PM
Kobold

Since we are all just tossing tinfoil hats around, I'm going to go out and blame GG for this!
Old 11-01-2016, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, and as typing this, I remember paulgiamatti is the guy who was guilded with the thief who ran off with my Fungi after a botched transfer when I trusted a random 50+ to assist me with it (at which time I had put out a call to action on my site condemning the aforementioned's guild).
Yeah, I mean that guy turned out to be a pathologically lying shitheel - even though my former guildmates probably don't agree with me - so I better understand your frustration in that moment today, but I still have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it. Ah well, I'm guildless now and don't elf sim as seriously these days. I'm glad your site is still up - hope that doesn't change anytime soon.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Disappointing that a site gets taken down by DDOS nonsense, but as some have pointed out, p99 auctions was gamed a lot by those who understood how to play it. So on that level, good riddance.
Closed Thread