Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Orc

Default On a scale of "1 to never going to happen" how feasible is a setup like this on p99?

I want to create basically the most uber monk possible on p99. With the current in-game climate, number of players, frequency of raids, et cetera, I'm worried about the feasibility of building a character up. How possible is a monk with these drops?

Hypothetical Uber Monk (click for p99 Magelo profile)

To my knowledge, all of these items are still in-game/droppable, but naturally, the majority of them are NToV/Vulak drops or otherwise really hard raid mobs. Are guilds raiding PoG/NToV frequently enough to open the possibility of building a monk this uber?

I thought'd I'd ask you guys since I'm only about a month into p1999.

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

I'm on my phone so I didn't click any of the gear but you're looking at a minimum 3 to 6 months for 60. Probably another month getting raid prepped and at least a year of 50% attendance raiding to get a good portion of the things you want. You're going to be in competition with people with a significant lead on you who need the same stuff and as a monk will have to subject yourself to the tracking / foot race massive dead time waste of life that is our raid scene for hours and hours every week.

I'm not trying to paint you a rosy picture. If you want this stuff in a reasonable timeframe, it's going to cost you physical and social health IRL. And for what? A magelo link where some other nerd might occasionally click and be like wow nice stuff. Please just don't make this a major life goal.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Cloak of thorns cannot be clicked from inventory. Grim aura will not stack with epic click, not sure if you can click from inventory even if you're using as a fake.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:40 PM
Banned

crystasia's, grey suede boots, belt of dwarf slaying, crown of rile, silver mask of the slayer, robe of the azure sky (if not shroud of longevity), hand of the master are all better imo

do'vassir's has better AC but no one in their right mind would use it over epic

inventory needs tri-plated golden hackle hammer, all 5 pom flowers, any velious quest/pog pants, primal weapon, bioluminescent orb, aon, cure shield, buckler of insight, 2x sceptres of destruction, abashi's, regal band of bathezid assuming it stacks with dain ring

chestplate of fiery might doesn't stack with dain ring

reaper's ring is clickable from inventory but doesn't stack with epic
Closed Thread