Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 09:32 PM
Aviak

Default Bard AOE Kiting with AOE Snare post 54.

Hey guys,

This question is regarding AOE Kiting(Swarm kiting to SOME) after lvl 54 with Selo's Assonant Strane(AOE Snare). I am having issues as there is no tutorials that I have found that discusses this. Once all the mobs are snared what is the technique that most people use? Do you turn on WALK? Do you walk backwards? Selo's or No Selo's? I notice some/most people either run around in a circle without looking at the pack, while others strafe run(literally just strafe, no forward key movement) while mouse turning around the mobs. Anyways, this just seems like a whole new tactic that is used frequently to PL, but rarely discussed. Does anyone have any info on this? It would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I also notice some people running in nearly perfect circles? Are these people using keyboard macros/External programs/or just that skilled?
Old 05-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once all the mobs are snared what is the technique that most people use?
the technique used 99 times outta 100 is, once aoe snare is going, to have the people being power leveled start using their pbaoe nukes until most of the mobs are under 50% hp then add in your own dots to help kill em off.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-29-2016, 04:03 AM
Fire Giant

You can swarm wyverns in CS to 57 albeit at 56 they slow down a tad, and the 25 min respawn or so can be annoying. Some people either jump straight to City of Mist for more exp/mobs, or they go for a slightly more EXP hit over CS by kiting spiders in DN(this one requires aoe snare for sure)

I swarm CS frequently and have taken one bard from 48-57 1/2 on it alone, a second bard I swarm occasionally when bored, 55-56 back and forth for saccing purposes as well as raw plat/hides/gems the wyverns can be decent plat between vendor gems and quest gems. I do not use snare on CS wyverns though, I prefer the extra damage of selos chords of cessation(2tick 67dmg) instead of snaring. I toss a chant of flame/frost every few AoE's inbetween and cycle through targets for extra damage.

As far as what you asked specifically about once the mobs are snared, you can back peddle or side step or even just trail them behind you if jboot/sowed. A good indicator of distance to stay away from being hit is when you drop the AoE snare on them, a ring shines around them. Stay just a bit out of the rings particle effects and youll have 0 issues avoiding damage. And once you see it enough you can land aoe very easily just by using the particle effects of that ring as an indicator.

If you are grouping with other classes that can PBAoE, Then you want to spam pbaoe snare nonstop, atleast a solid 5-8 times before a wizard or anyone even thinks of pbaoe dmging them else they grab aggro. Rinse repeat this a few times, 1 pbaoe per person every ~8-10 snare hits just to ensure aggro is held. Adding a few ticks of your dots helps a great deal as well.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by syztem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are grouping with other classes that can PBAoE, Then you want to spam pbaoe snare nonstop, atleast a solid 5-8 times before a wizard or anyone even thinks of pbaoe dmging them else they grab aggro.
Bard AE snare is super aggro song.. Sing in once on the mobs. Those pesky wizards wont be stealing nought of you!

As far as after the mobs are snared, I always used mouse steering in a tight little circle. This way I can ensure I'm pathing them around the casters. There are other techniques but thats just the once I used. I also haven't snare kited in a long time.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

After snare I just auto run with no selo or sow and tap the left arrow. Keeping everything in the lower left hand corner of my screen.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...estion/d3np1i8
Closed Thread