Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Orc

Default Monk gear question

I have a question about gearing as a monk. My monk is currently lvl 18 and I have x2 Trance Sticks, Imbued Fighter Staff, FBSS, x2 5ac/55hp rings and soon to be Black Pantherskin amour set. When should I start looking to upgrade certain pieces? Do I just keep this gear all the way until lvl 50+? Should I just focus on spending my money on getting 100% weight reduction bags for him?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

If you're pulling a lot, resist gear would be good. If you're tanking a lot, WR bags and resist gear. If you're mostly dps, that should be pretty good...
Old 05-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

That gear would last you until 60 honestly. If you already have IFS and FBSS, I would just start saving every penny you have for a fungi.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:52 AM
Banned

Tinker bags are the best - Buy as many as you can and you will not regret it.

Other than that - This gear will definitely last you until you start getting no drop stuff. Keep working on your epic and get the best haste you can and its pretty much GG. Monks are not very gear dependent other than weapons and haste.

I wouldn't even bother with Black Panther Armor (its WAY to expensive) - just get on your main and kill sh!t in Dalnir and when a Crescent piece drops change over to monk and loot it - its free and will last you just as good
Old 05-26-2016, 10:10 AM
Orc

Jolonar - I am currently lvling a Shaman (35 right now) which is my main. How long would it take me to farm up enough for a fungi? What lvl on my Shaman would it really make sense to start grinding money to afford a fungi?
Old 05-26-2016, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

I saved every penny I could from about 40+ until I could afford a fungi. I finally bought one around level 48 I believe. I forget.
Last edited by RDawg816; 05-26-2016 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jolonar - I am currently lvling a Shaman (35 right now) which is my main. How long would it take me to farm up enough for a fungi? What lvl on my Shaman would it really make sense to start grinding money to afford a fungi?
First character? Unfortunately fungi is out of reach for you my friend. Best chance is to level to 55 and then go camp one yourself (much easier than people think it is). You are going to need every penny you can save for spells
Old 05-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Orc

I had a feeling my best bet was going to be to just wait until I get to 50+ and farm it myself. What is the lowest level I can start grping in Seb? It seems like most, if not all, the camps in Seb drop items that can sell for a semi-decent amount that could help me start saving up plat for items/spells i'd need.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saved every penny I could from about 40+ until I could afford a fungi. I finally bought one around level 48 I believe. I forget.
theres no way you got 50k in 8 levels unless you only did HG. I saved every penny from 1-50 i had like 32k going through the usual spots and even sellin sow pots as i leveled. Then EC flipped for a week. Got a fungi and made a monk lol
Old 05-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theres no way you got 50k in 8 levels unless you only did HG. I saved every penny from 1-50 i had like 32k going through the usual spots and even sellin sow pots as i leveled. Then EC flipped for a week. Got a fungi and made a monk lol
Maybe not if you just pug all day long. I sold everything I could. Loot from CoM, tailored items, etc. I also farmed guards when my friends weren't around to group. All that adds up. My biggest contributing factors were solo endeavors.
I sold 2 JBoots MQs and a Ragebringer MQ. That was like 42k alone. I also bought torpor before I hit 60. It's called motivation and planning... don't tell me what isn't possible when I did just that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread