Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got wood
Old 04-02-2021, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah. Weyerhaeuser still has considerable natural resource holdings throughout the PNW despite BLM/Antifa's deliberate forest fires last year. A lot of what is still being harvested is being shipped overseas while intentional scarcity is maintained within the US to both extract a higher premium on the lumber itself, and hedge against intrinsic lockdown risks which would threaten to age said lumber past it's expiry. Believe it or not, wood is an expirable product, and no one wants to see millions of dollars in inventory loss two years in a row, so the wood they have had to sit on for the past year has higher carrying costs due to it occupying warehousing space for a longer period of time than what had been the "normal" precovid, and the hiking of price is used to offset those increased carrying costs.

As they say: "there is no free lunch" and no one is selling product for below cost; price being a function of cost, of course.

Everyone should've just told the government to fuck themselves when the can was kicked past "flattening the curve" to outright "elimination" to "until the vaccine" to "until 90% have taken the vaccine".

All the shut it all down "if you would just wear the mask" and vote in a geriatric retard enthusiasts deserve this. Wait till the fed has to announce the inflation numbers by the end of year [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

To circle back onto the forest fires debacle, it's a well known fact that a forest fire is necessary to activate the germination of the sitka spruce seed bank, in a few years when the forests recover from your antics, they'll have more suitable lumber than they had before, and at a lesser cost, because setting up a controlled burn in PNW is helluva lot more expensive then wantonly burning the forest down in an uncontrolled manner

Smokey says....
Old 04-03-2021, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was raised on mad max.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Hit Home Depot yesterday, over $10 for a treated 8' 2x4.

Crazy price
Old 04-03-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

so i gather it's a bad time to build a tree house

hope we get an interesting mmo release this summer, or an eq tlp, new emulator of a different mmo, something, anything
Old 04-03-2021, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

I'd like maybe at least one movie please, Hollywood?
Old 04-03-2021, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like maybe at least one movie please, Hollywood?
wtwegafkgl931.jpg
Old 04-03-2021, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Samuel L as Biden I hope.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:55 AM
Banned

I literally couldn't read this thread. And never think about lumber. I just think it's cool wood can be bleached in hydrogen peroxide with sunlight.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 AM
Banned

A lot of people on here are in denial about the fact that I was a lumberjack up until the pandemic. I did more climbing than tree-felling because climbers are more rare, so you might have 3 climbers, and 15 regular loggers, so I spent less time actually on the ground so to speak.

But I used to love custom painting the company chainsaws to keep other crews from stealing them off of our trucks. I got pretty good at it too NGL.

Before:

After:
(the name on this one was actually inspired by EverQuest, but at this time I didn't even know about P99, the game was something that I still always thought about even after 16+ years of not playing it.)

Closed Thread