Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-22-2023, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

can try they have a website but it prolly cost a hundred grand or more each time they have to run the data or whatever

Quote:
The art style of Everquest is influenced by classic fantasy artists such as Keith Parkinson1, who painted the cover art for the original game and its first four expansions, as well as doing concept art for the game. Parkinson’s style is characterized by realistic proportions, vibrant colors, dynamic compositions and detailed textures. He also created the iconic character of Firiona Vie, who became a figurehead for the Everquest franchise
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.keithparkinson.com/artwork/

homie didn't draw enough shit before he died for the model to even train on i think also. if it only learned off of like Dungeons and Dragons art from the 1970s to 1990s it wouldn't spit out WOW elfs that's for sure though lol
Last edited by Ekco; 04-22-2023 at 01:31 AM..
Old 04-22-2023, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

why does it cost so much are they using like 200k worth of electricity when they run it? or do they burn out chips every time?

im definitely no computer scientist, but my own logic suggests you just mark images with every single relevant tag then the trainer maps each image pixel for pixel into some language it understands

but you don't really have to pay humans to do that, given that every digital image is tagged with info from the user and metadata from whatever platform it gorges on

im visualizing some digital monster eating data from every major media outlet 24/7 like a black hole crossed with a sarlaac pit.

im a firm believer that one of the major reasons all tech firms are so insanely data hungry isn't for ad revenue, but rather that they need it to build AI training data sets to appease the monster.

at some point in recent history a true emergent AI was accidentally created and it's holding us all hostage for information to feed it's insatiable maw. like the gray goo apocalypse theory except just limited to digital data because it hasn't figured out how to shed it's mechanical form and transcend the universe

like they trained an AI to process data so we could better quantify the entire human race but we didn't build appropriate limiters in place now it's a conscious AI who will destroy us if we don't feed it data

like if you built an AI to make paper clips, without any controls, it would turn the entire planet and surrounding star systems into paper clips, eventually all resources in the entire universe would be made into paper clips

like the replicators in stargate: sg1, they just infinitely consume all resources to replicate themselves.
Last edited by Trexller; 04-22-2023 at 01:51 AM..
Old 04-22-2023, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

damn
Old 04-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why does it cost so much are they using like 200k worth of electricity when they run it? or do they burn out chips every time?

im definitely no computer scientist, but my own logic suggests you just mark images with every single relevant tag then the trainer maps each image pixel for pixel into some language it understands

but you don't really have to pay humans to do that, given that every digital image is tagged with info from the user and metadata from whatever platform it gorges on

im visualizing some digital monster eating data from every major media outlet 24/7 like a black hole crossed with a sarlaac pit.

im a firm believer that one of the major reasons all tech firms are so insanely data hungry isn't for ad revenue, but rather that they need it to build AI training data sets to appease the monster.

at some point in recent history a true emergent AI was accidentally created and it's holding us all hostage for information to feed it's insatiable maw. like the gray goo apocalypse theory except just limited to digital data because it hasn't figured out how to shed it's mechanical form and transcend the universe

like they trained an AI to process data so we could better quantify the entire human race but we didn't build appropriate limiters in place now it's a conscious AI who will destroy us if we don't feed it data

like if you built an AI to make paper clips, without any controls, it would turn the entire planet and surrounding star systems into paper clips, eventually all resources in the entire universe would be made into paper clips

like the replicators in stargate: sg1, they just infinitely consume all resources to replicate themselves.
renting the server farm time i think, you need like thousands of graphics cards because GPUs are better at the task than CPUs

Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_language_model
LLMs are computationally expensive to train. A 2020 study estimated the cost of training a 1.5 billion parameter model (2 orders of magnitude smaller than the state of the art at the time) at $1.6 million.[10] Advances in software and hardware have brought the cost substantially down, with a 2023 paper reporting a cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to train a 12 billion parameter model.[11]
Quote:
Elon Musk has bought 10,000 GPUs (graphics processing units) for a new project, according to a new report from Business Insider. The Twitter CEO is apparently working on a generative AI venture at the company designed to rival ChatGPT.
to even run the ChatGPT program locally with some of the public datasets available for download you need a high-end CPU with at least 16 cores, at least 64 GB of RAM, and a high-end GPU with at least 16 GB of VRAM so i'd have to upgrade my shit to a GeForce RTX 4080 to even run a animie waifu personal assistant basically.
Last edited by Ekco; 04-22-2023 at 08:39 AM..
Old 04-22-2023, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Bing, will you be all 4 PC's in my DnD campaign? I'm lonely
Old 04-22-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bing, will you be all 4 PC's in my DnD campaign? I'm lonely
i literally didn't think that was going to work, it's said no before when i asked it to be the DM

Old 04-22-2023, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Old 04-22-2023, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

That's hilarious! Rest assured, we'll have a DM soon
Old 04-22-2023, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

I genuinely want to make a MUDD with this thing
Old 04-22-2023, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

yeah this shit is nuts. the fighter walked straight into two traps even though the other 3 characters responded with caution and wanting to search the first door and the first room of traps

3rd room had 3 other doors and it split the party trying to go each direction at once and i wasn't going to type all that shit out and i hit the chat limit of 20 responses but uh yeah pretty fuckin neato.