Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2023, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh man I'll bet a year's salary that there is some massive damage control going on behind the scenes, with AB losing like what, 7 billion? Not only do they have to deal with pissed off shareholders, they have to do so while not destroying their ESG score or BlackRock will run them out of business

buybacks, shareholder payouts and non-disclosure agreements are flying around like straw in a tornado

without a doubt
what i don't understand is the share price is way up, it has to do with EGS scores i brought this up earlier this week when Elizondo was like " lol 7 billion" but the chick that did this ad campaign is a member of the C-suite so her and everyone else with shit tons of stock options from working there just got fucking paid from it going from 60 to 65 a share this month if they sell.

Quote:
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA
NYSE: BUD
65.43 USD▲ +5.11 (+8.49%) past month
Old 04-20-2023, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's really strange that companies go out of their way to be not neutral and jump into political issues. they have a fiduciary responsibility to shareholders to act in the best interest of the company, but somehow pissing off half the country doesn't count as breaking that.
Conservatives like yourselves are mostly all old white dudes on ventilators and what not, it's not really good business to court that demographic.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what i don't understand is the share price is way up
prolly stuff like buybacks, debt dumps and the other methods corps used to artifically inflate their stock

like Enron kept taking their debts, transferring them to some shell corp and then cutting that shell corp loose, over and over

im no high finance guy but there are all manners of tricks these companies use, especially when they aren't 100% beholden to US finance law

Quote:
AB InBev was formed in 2008 through the acquisition of Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch by Belgian conglomerate InBev—which is itself a merger of Stella Artois-maker Interbrew and Brazil's AmBev.
Last edited by Trexller; 04-20-2023 at 10:53 PM..
Old 04-20-2023, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diziet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conservatives like yourselves
i'm not really a conservative i just think people choppin their dicks off and promoting that behavior to kids is weird. hope this helps.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even if society flipped upside and bent over backwards to accommodate transgender (Hint: It is already doing this) "Every transgender" wouldn't be included in this prosperity doctrine you're trying to forward here, and this is already an empirically provable assertion based upon the fact that the public-face of every institution is trans-friendly, trabs-inclusive, and trans-supremacist based upon the fact that there are institutional measures in place that provide institutional advantages (see: Privilege) to trans-idebtifying people.

The only counterargument to this is that on the inter-personal level (see macro vs micro) trans aren't fully accepted by every single person on earth (and they never will be because you can't legislate Love and social acceptance).

It should be noted that there are plenty of straight people throughout the world that aren't accepted indifferently by every past person in the world either.

So if your goal is for 100% of people to gain 100% acceptance by 100% of people, this will never happen unless the global population is population: 1 and even then it's iffy with an individuals propensity for self-loathing.

Hope this helps.
I don't know what a prosperity doctrine is but hello Skyking hope you're well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2023, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
ya'll need to be trippin out about AI more and Politics less.

new Connor vid
what is his thesis?

Magic man will walk out of computer and eat people?

or AI will make evil people too powerful?
Old 04-20-2023, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure that we can't build a problem, that the US Military can't solve if it really wants to

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Trexller; 04-20-2023 at 11:32 PM..
Old 04-20-2023, 11:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what is his thesis?

Magic man will walk out of computer and eat people?

or AI will make evil people too powerful?
he's vague with his doomsday predictions saying it's irresponsible to say out loud what they entail. most of the dudes ive been watching take that stance to be fair, one guy Eliezer Yudkowsky cited the AI paying a human and a lab to synthesize a bioweapon basically. there is a recent article quoting a bunch of chemists saying ChatGPT is dangerous as fuck on that front of what it will teach using basic layman language and instructions to idiot terrorists.

basically, the same argument you can make against flight simulator games in reference to 9/11
Last edited by Ekco; 04-20-2023 at 11:54 PM..
Old 04-20-2023, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
he's vague with his doomsday predictions saying it's irresponsible to say out loud what they entail. most of the dudes ive been watching take that stance to be fair, one guy Eliezer Yudkowsky cited the AI paying a human and a lab to synthesize a bioweapon basically. there is a recent article quoting a bunch of chemists saying ChatGPT is dangerous as fuck on that front of what it will teach using basic layman language and instructions to idiot terrorists.

basically, the same argument you can make against flight simulator games in reference to 9/11
I have a feeling 99% of people that are afraid of AI now are the ones that are gonna start violently worshiping it.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a feeling 99% of people that are afraid of AI now are the ones that are gonna start violently worshiping it.
whole reason OpenAI was started by Elon years ago was a conversation he had with Larry Page the CEO of google and it freaked Elon out, he said he basically wanted to build an AI super-intelligence that Musk described as a “digital god.” and called Elon of speciest for being worried about what it would do to humans, then Elon later on abandoned OpenAI to focus on Tesla and SpaceX and microsoft stepped up to fund it and those dudes created chatGPT

people should be worried about the people controlling the technology as much as the tech itself
Last edited by Ekco; 04-21-2023 at 12:11 AM..
Closed Thread