Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 07-21-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose. I hope listing differences doesn't sway new players intimidated by the reputation eq has for being difficult into playing something based on statistical advantages instead of real preference.
I agree there is a possibility of intimidating someone into making a choice they wouldn't otherwise make.

I tend to prefer to give people the truth of the matter, and trust them to make the right decision for how they want to play.

If you give people half truths to try and guide them in a direction that you think will be best for them, that can also cause people to be led astray.

As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. That I why I prefer the facts. At least they cannot come back and claim you lied to them.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

That's true. It might help people who feel a lot of regret if they make irreversible decisions which aren't purely upside/optimal, like the guy I know who rerolled when he took 1 faction hit in SG.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's true. It might help people who feel a lot of regret if they make irreversible decisions which aren't purely upside/optimal, like the guy I know who rerolled when he took 1 faction hit in SG.
Exactly. That is my thought as well. Some people do enjoy min/maxing, so the objective facts should be out there for those people.

In an ideal world, the factual information should also have the preface of: "You won't screw yourself over if you pick race X over race Y. There is no content that will become unavailable, you will simply have a slightly tougher time with some aspects of the game".

That would be the best of both worlds, in my estimation.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-21-2023 at 04:40 PM..
Old 07-22-2023, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you can stand not being all about minmaxing, I would go fashion over anything else. I have an iksar shaman despite iksar being the worst shaman race, and I don't regret it one bit. If you stick with a character, raid gear will shore up most differences just fine
I would not say at all that Iksars are the worst shaman race. They are the best raiding shaman and probably best fashion due to robes. Really the only downside is that they can’t click jbb. Jbb is by no means a min max item, but it’s a fun toy that Is understandable to not want to miss out on. You could actually make an argument that they are the best shaman race. I do give ogres a solo edge at 60 because of FSI but otherwise I like Iksars a lot.

But this is a complex topic so I’m not trying to start a debate just my opinion on them lol
Old 07-22-2023, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would not say at all that Iksars are the worst shaman race. They are the best raiding shaman
Old 07-22-2023, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Iksars are the best raiding shaman. However, building a Shaman specifically for raiding is unecessary, and generally a waste. It's better to build them for solo/group scenarios, as they will do just fine in raids regardless of race. It is rare that someone builds a Shaman only to raid.

But yes, this is off topic, no need to go further.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-22-2023 at 02:31 PM..
Old 07-22-2023, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars are the best raiding shaman. However, building a Shaman specifically for raiding is unecessary, and generally a waste. It's better to build them for solo/group scenarios, as they will do just fine in raids regardless of race. It is rare that someone builds a Shaman only to raid.

But yes, this is off topic, no need to go further.
Iksars will do just fine in solo/group scenarios as well. The best shaman solo artist was a barbarian.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars are the best raiding shaman.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksars will do just fine in solo/group scenarios as well. The best shaman solo artist was a barbarian.
I never said Iksars won't do well[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But solo/group scenarios will benefit more from the racial bonuses a Shaman can get.

Just because a player with high skill plays a barbarian, it doesn't mean the racial bonuses wouldn't help them out even more.

Shamans are a very good solo class, which is why people like making Shamans. They get a class that can solo, group, and raid equally well. It's similar to why people play Enchanters. That is why focusing on raiding isn't as beneficial for most players when picking Shaman race.

Again, this is off topic.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-22-2023 at 04:01 PM..
Old 07-24-2023, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Iksars are the best raiding shaman.