Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..the Company of Heroes trailer doesn't seem to be showing any actual in game footage. Looks mostly pre-rendered to me.
actually, it IS in game footage!!!! COH is already out for ~3 years...COH:O (Online) will be almost the same game with some new features, free to play and online only this time

great game, imo the best RTS out there, SC2 is comparably with world of disney vs. EQ (=COH).

also available on steam but i would wait now for COH:O (2ish months to go), american beta soon (tm).
Last edited by mitic; 07-19-2010 at 10:40 AM..
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually, it IS in game footage!!!! COH is already out for ~3 years...COH:O (Online) will be almost the same game with some new features, free to play and online only this time

great game, imo the best RTS out there, SC2 is comparably with world of disney vs. EQ (=COH).

also available on steam but i would wait now for COH:O (2ish months to go), american beta soon (tm).
Ah, good to know thanks!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, good to know thanks!
the following movie has been made out of game replays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfKQnzJY1Uc

latest video-cast of a 1vs1 game (COH):

http://www.sound-strategy.net/tales-...etes-sake.html
Old 07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
COH:O (Online) will be almost the same game with some new features, free to play and online only this time
You mean free-to-pay? That's what Battlefield Heroes is, of which of the Battlefield games I don't play. Quake Live is f2play - but in beta... which seems to be in eternal beta though a low population (100 peeps on Sat night) which makes it hard to get a good CTF game going. But CoH Online I assume you mean item shop. Say as opposed to BF2142 which usually has 1000 peeps on and has no item shop but has ranks and unlocks with only a box price ($20 w/ expansion).
Old 07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

yes it will have an item shop, thats why the first COH:O beta was already released in china since item shop games are kinda popular there...

BUT...

you can achive the same stuff by gaining exp (winning games online) and not exclusively by buying them so it evens out. if it would be like, uber item = $ only then i wouldnt have advertised this game here.

besides that there is still original COH out there still rolling with a ranked automatch system but i got burned out about a year ago..might start again if COH:O beta gets delayed
Old 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Banned

Civ5 + SC2 + school starting soon = bad news for Reiker.
Closed Thread