Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Sarnak

Default What do? 6 phones

For a variety im sitting (not literally...) on 5 smart phones, and im at a loss of stuff to do.....

3 Droid Eris
2 Moto Droid
1 LG Ally

All rooted, and all but the Ally are running 2.2 Froyo and overclocked. Heh running the Eris at 800 mhz is fun but i DONT recomend it, this things gonna melt....

Now, no im not going to give them away, and no you cant have one. But wtf should i do with them project wise? If they had IR transmitters i would of already made them into insaneo universal remotes, but they dont so....what? Maybe some bizzare bluetooth remote control project? Portable TV's? Flyswatters? Dog chew toys?

I dunno, any ideas?
Old 07-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Sarnak

i dropped my droid in the toilet over the weekend.. i had it for less than a month and its already broken. sigh
Old 07-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Aviak

alright I'm going to ask the obvious question.

Why you got so many phones brew?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraniumrooster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
alright I'm going to ask the obvious question.

Why you got so many phones brew?
I complained alot, got replacements, complained more, was allowed to KEEP the originals and replacements, then upgraded my wife from an eris to the Ally.

I flashed Froyo 2.2 onto the last eris last night before going to bed, did some video tweaking and remote setup stuff so now its like a iPod touch, overclocked to hell for watching remote video off my PC through any wifi network.

Oh yea, and i can still hold it any way i want and get signal.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
watching remote video off my PC through any wifi network.
I'm interested in what you did here, and what type of videos you can play.. are you just playing videos remotely and watching them through an RDP type process (like you did w/ EQ & EVE)? Or streaming them from your PC, and the Droid video is actually processing them?

Moar infoz plz!

And FYI, I'm running Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed) - 800mhz.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

I just got my refurbished droid from insurance.. seems to be in good working condition, cant tell it was used by appearance. got the same bb .4 fully deodexed running as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Sarnak

my refurb droid has a defective headphone jack........... droids are no longer being manufactured and my insurance doesn't have any droids in stock. only possibility is waiting for a defective droid to get refurb'd and sent out to me and theres no guarantee thats going to be a good phone seeing as how the one i got is already defective.. i could get a new htc incredible instead though? the droid was my #1 pick for all its hackability though.. any advice shadowwulf?
Closed Thread