Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-27-2024, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you not read "When I call you a sociopath, I'm still trying to refute your arguments regardless of my personal feelings."?
Take a look at this quote. It is the second post you made (your first post didn't have anything to do with the topic either):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many different people now have insulted you and called you out? I've lost count. It must be over 20+ people by now.

Could it just be that you're a solipsistic narcissist, rather than me being a troll?

No, seriously! This isn't a snappy insult I'm throwing. Think about it for one second.
Please show me where you were refuting my arguments in addition to attacking me? Here you are clearly claiming I am wrong simply because of your opinion about me, and because other people disagree with me. Ad hominem and Argumentum ad populum rolled into one post lol. Two fallacies for the price of one.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if the being an idiot is the actual reason for being wrong?
Don't know if this is a joke or not, but even if a person possesses low intelligence, that's irrelevant to refuting an argument.

Regardless, DSM is indeed showing us he can't comprehend something as basic as an ad hominem. That isn't going to look good for this supposed invisible audience he keeps addressing.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't know if this is a joke or not, but even if a person possesses low intelligence, that's irrelevant to refuting an argument.

Regardless, DSM is indeed showing us he can't comprehend something as basic as an ad hominem. That isn't going to look good for this supposed invisible audience he keeps addressing.
As you can see, he is deflecting from https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=201 , where he is clearly caught using ad hominem and argumentum ad populum fallacies in the same post.

The mental gymnastics for claiming these aren't fallacies because they are somehow disagreeing with my points is just baffling. Nowhere in his first two posts did he mention the topic at all, or why he thinks I am wrong (other than ad hominem and argumentum ad populum fallacies).
Old 02-27-2024, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

"He is deflecting from a post even though he's addressing another one in a short space of time". Yeah, good one, imbecile.

The 2nd post was not an ad hominem. I was not trying to invalidate any argument you made by attacking your character. I was trying to poke holes in your troll accusations.

You are not intelligent. You could have backed out of this thread instead of digging yourself deeper. You'll never recover now.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The 2nd post was not an ad hominem. I was not trying to invalidate any argument you made by attacking your character. I was trying to poke holes in your troll accusations
People can take a look at this post and come to their own conclusions:

Quote:
How many different people now have insulted you and called you out? I've lost count. It must be over 20+ people by now.

Could it just be that you're a solipsistic narcissist, rather than me being a troll?

No, seriously! This isn't a snappy insult I'm throwing. Think about it for one second.
First sentence is argumentum ad populum, as you are trying to proclaim that multiple people disagreeing with me proves that I am wrong. It doesn't.

Second sentence is an ad hominem attack, as you are attacking my character instead of my argument.

Third sentence has nothing to do with the topic at hand, and therefore cannot be use to claim you are refuting my points. You are simply reinforcing the ad hominem attack on the second sentence.

Your first post was also an ad hominem attack:

Quote:
Can DSM just leave the forums already? I just...don't want this creature to be on the forums anymore.
You are attacking me, while ignoring the topic at hand and the points I have made.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 03:47 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you can see, he….
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Seriously who are you talking to??? You oscillate between talking directly to a specific person and then completely change your prose as if turning to an imaginary, unseen audience.

There’s nobody else here man. There isn’t some invisible judge or jury on the sidelines. It is literally just you and a bunch of people who already know that you’re a fuckwit.

Seek help.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-27-2024, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously who are you talking to??? You oscillate between talking directly to a specific person and then completely change your prose as if turning to an imaginary, unseen audience.

There’s nobody else here man. There isn’t some invisible judge or jury on the sidelines. It is literally just you and a bunch of people who already know that you’re a fuckwit.

Seek help.
As you can see, Troxx continues to concede via trolling. His signature and location just show that he must resort to attacking others instead of using facts and logic to win the debate. It is sad.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Seriously who are you talking to???
The High Elf Court of Forum Etiquette, obviously.

Arbitration has begun.

Step aside Troxxy-boy, the big guns are about to fire.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Notice how I did not claim "because the majority of people disagree with you, that means you are intrinsically wrong"? I was not trying to prove anything in an objective sense.

I actually pointed out how you, actually, may be the incendiary one. You calling me a troll, also, does not "prove anything". I am merely very angry with you.

The first post was also not an ad hominem, you blithering moron. Proclaiming that I want you to leave was not attack on your character or your arguments.

God, you're so stupid.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Notice how I did not claim "because the majority of people disagree with you, that means you are intrinsically wrong"? I was not trying to prove anything in an objective sense.
If that wasn't your intent, then simply do not post it at all. The only reason to post something like that is to use the argumentum ad populum fallacy. It is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Quote:
I actually pointed out how you, actually, may be the incendiary one. You calling me a troll, also, does not "prove anything". I am merely very angry with you.
You factually have 500+ posts out of 630 posts specifically attacking me. This is over 80% of your entire post history. That proves a clear pattern of trolling. You being angry just further reinforces the idea that your opinions are not fact based, but rather feelings based.

Quote:
The first post was also not an ad hominem, you blithering moron. Proclaiming that I want you to leave was not attack on your character or your arguments.
Why would you want me to leave if you weren't attacking my character? If you were attacking my points, why did you choose to not mention any of them in your first post?

Quote:
God, you're so stupid.
Another ad hominem to add to the growing list of ad hominem you have made in this thread.