Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-27-2024, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

this is fun lets go another 20 pages
Old 02-27-2024, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

No, I can't prove it in an objective sense. Correct. It's just my opinion you're a solipsist.

The fact you keep bringing up how most of my post count is about calling you out, then this also does not prove anything in an objective sense.

I don't think you're quite intelligent enough to understand what the word "objective" and "subjective" means.

It is my subjective opinion that, yes, you do indeed "start this". And it takes two to tango, so you have no reason to blame me for these back and forths. I am not forcing you to do anything.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, I can't prove it in an objective sense. Correct. It's just my opinion you're a solipsist.

The fact you keep bringing up how most of my post count is about calling you out, then this also does not prove anything in an objective sense.

I don't think you're quite intelligent enough to understand what the word "objective" and "subjective" means.

It is my subjective opinion that, yes, you do indeed "start this". And it takes two to tango, so you have no reason to blame me for these back and forths. I am not forcing you to do anything.
These are my first two posts in the thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...71&postcount=6

They are both on topic, and I admit to my mistake/lack of knowledge when I am proven wrong.

These are your first two posts:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can DSM just leave the forums already? I just...don't want this creature to be on the forums anymore.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=113

Quote:
How many different people now have insulted you and called you out? I've lost count. It must be over 20+ people by now.

Could it just be that you're a solipsistic narcissist, rather than me being a troll?

No, seriously! This isn't a snappy insult I'm throwing. Think about it for one second.
Can you objectively agree that I am on topic and not starting a fight, while you are objectively coming into this thread specifically to attack me, while completely ignoring the topic at hand?
Old 02-27-2024, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

You make claims we consider to be incorrect and sabotaging to a new player constantly. We call you out on it, in varying degrees of harshness, and then you claim to be the victim.

The question has already been answered. You were in the topic, being the pathetic child you are, so I expressed my complete and utter exasperation with your behaviour and how you're allowed to roam freely. You call it an "attack", but had you put me on ignore, this conversation would not be happening right now.

We both have subjective opinions about why the other is here, you fool.

What actually is objective here is that feign death does indeed have an error message.

You could have simply said "Whoops! My mistake. Guess I completely overlooked that one" instead of trying to save face. It could have been a lesson for you to stop going into threads trying to be a know-nothing know-it-all , but alas, you are beyond all help.

We're revolving around something we know already because you are an arrogant sociopath. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it. I would never have engaged with you otherwise.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
You make claims we consider to be incorrect and sabotaging to a new player constantly. We call you out on it, in varying degrees of harshness, and then you claim to be the victim.

The question has already been answered. You were in the topic, being the pathetic child you are, so I expressed my complete and utter exasperation with your behaviour and how you're allowed to roam freely. You call it an "attack", but had you put me on ignore, this conversation would not be happening right now.

We both have subjective opinions about why the other is here, you fool.

What actually is objective here is that feign death does indeed have an error message.

You could have simply said "Whoops! My mistake. Guess I completely overlooked that one" instead of trying to save face. It could have been a lesson for you to stop going into threads trying to be a know-nothing know-it-all , but alas, you are beyond all help.

We're revolving around something we know already because you are an arrogant sociopath. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it. I would never have engaged with you otherwise.
As you can see, he has admitted to attacking me in an off-topic manner.

He is also lying about me not admitting I was wrong. I admitted to it in my second post. You can check the post history https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...71&postcount=6 . Discussing the topic further is not saving face, that is just your biased and unproven opinion. You do not get to force people to stop discussing something simply because they were wrong about one thing. That doesn't logically mean they are wrong about everything.

He is also lying about me sabotaging new players. The only people who do that are proven liars and trolls, because they would rather lie to people than admit they were wrong. Troxx denying the use of /con as a valid strategy is a simple one. Claiming there are no scenarios in which the "fallen to the ground" message does not appear is another. People can test in game to see multiple scenarios where the "fallen to the ground message" does not appear, yet they are being attacked by the mob anyway. You don't need to take my word for it.

Clear cut trolling by definition. This is probably why you were banned on other forums.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 02:45 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

You did "admit" you were wrong in a very weaselly way that suggested the message was so rare that it was unreliable. Hence why Troxx is mocking you for using /con on the mob to see if it scowls -- because that's completely pointless.

Also, I would like to remind you that calling me a troll to undermine my arguments is what we call an "ad hominem". You should be very thankful I was open enough about being banned on Blizzard forums -- something you automatically assumed I deserved without knowing the full context.

You only go for underhanded moves because you know you're wrong. Am I right?

Edit: in regards to your edit, we already told you why a FD can fail without the innate chance of "falling to the ground". You had a spell cast on you, or you left autoattack on by mistake.
Last edited by Gloomlord; 02-27-2024 at 02:49 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You did "admit" you were wrong in a very weaselly way that suggested the message was so rare that it was unreliable. Hence why Troxx is mocking you for using /con on the mob to see if it scowls -- because that's completely pointless.
Your opinion that it was "weaselly" is unfounded. The fact that 80% of your posts are specifically attacking me proves you have a bias against me, which means you have a pre-disposition to look at everything I say in a negative light. 70 "fallen to the ground" messages out of 3221 FD attempts is rare. I am not sure why you are suggesting otherwise.

Using /con is a great way to check if the mob is still aggroed on you while you are FD, because you can check if they are still threatening/scowling. Your opinion on whether or not you like to use it is irrelevant to it's factual usefulness. Please do not try to obfuscate facts because you want to be right or troll others.

Quote:
Also, I would like to remind you that calling me a troll to undermine my arguments is what we call an "ad hominem". You should be very thankful I was open enough about being banned on Blizzard forums -- something you automatically assumed I deserved without knowing the full context.

You only go for underhanded moves because you know you're wrong. Am I right?
You have no arguments to undermine. None of your posts have been related to this topic. You are literally just attacking me unprovoked with biased and unproven opinions. You yourself admit that they are just opinions about me. I am simply defending myself from these accusations. There is plenty of evidence to establish that you have a pattern of trolling on these forums, and you admitted to being banned on another forum.

Quote:
Edit: in regards to your edit, we already told you why a FD can fail without the innate chance of "falling to the ground". You had a spell cast on you, or you left autoattack on by mistake.
You can riposte at the same time while FDing, which will result in a failure without a message. You cannot turn off ripostes. This is one scenario in which you will get a failure without a message.

Also, I am not sure why you are saying "we told you FD can fail without the 'fallen to the ground' message". That is what I have been saying lol. The entire debate was that there are indeed scenarios in which FD fails without a message, and therefore the message is unreliable. This is one reason why /con is useful.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2024 at 03:07 PM..
Old 02-27-2024, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

if you arent yolo jump spinning away from mobs before you FD are you even playing monk
Old 02-27-2024, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

You are making another ad hominem again. Shut up about my post count. It means absolutely nothing to this discussion.

We told you how a FD can be failed via player error, rather than FD's innate chance of failing. So, do you admit that you're wrong or do you not? If you admit that, then don't try to justify your mistake by suggesting that a natural FD failure has a chance of failing to show on the logs.

I don't know why I, or anyone else, has to keep telling you why you're wrong and/or why you need to stop behaving the way you do. If we're trolls, then put us on ignore and go away.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Who are you talking to, exactly?
Didn’t you know? He is talking to the silent majority who are feverishly clicking refresh on this thread, ready to suckle at the teat of DSM’s bottomless wisdom. You know, all those “new guys” who are in desperate need of p99 knowledge nuggets.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2