Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

breeze is clearly a kunark era spell. we are not in kunark.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Skeleton

Ryandward, if you want to be able to cast or get breeze then maybe you should wait until Kunark comes out to play. If you still want to play despite the fact that breeze is not in the game yet, you could always pick a melee class.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Kobold

I'm not saying that I won't play, the game is fine other than that, at least from my point of view. It just seems, to me, like there's not a good reason not to implement this. But, apparently I'm in the minority.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Orc

I'm not sure i understand this thread at all.
You are having trouble getting groups, at what level as an enchanter?

Regardless of what level you are, pull with tash, slow it, dot it, debuff it if you want and let your pet kill it. Illusions are awesome.

1-4 newbie trash
4-12 befallen/crushbone/blackburrow
12 - 17 Nybright sisters in lfay
17-24 lake rathe aviaks
your now 5 levels from clarity without needing anyone to get your exp for you.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Its a game changer, wether youll admit it or not, It changes the game dramatically and should not be in the game untill it was originally intended for.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Kobold

That makes sense Phallax. Why people gotta talk crap out of all sides of their mouth, instead of logically saying something in a civil way. Appreciate your last post.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

its not other people's fault you post a dumb question.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not other people's fault you post a dumb question.
You don't gotta take time out of your day to answer a dumb question rudely! Please die, thx.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Aviak

What they're trying to do like others have said is do the very best they can to emulate the game like it was in classic prekunark until they "release" the kunark expansion. There are things yes are not like classic like for example maps. It's not something they can just enable/disable, but I would have full faith that if the capability was there to remove maps for example, they would disable the map functionality in a heartbeat. Also your example of staring at your spellbook is probably the same as maps. If they were able to figure out how to revert that back to classic to force you to stare at your spellbook, I have complete faith that the devs would have done it.

You're saying that there's no good reason why it can't be implemented right now, but what everyone else is saying is that the good reason is that breeze wasn't introduced until Kunark, hence it's not part of classic prekunark everquest, and since it's a spell and something that's easy hold back until the "appropriate time" according to how the game originally progressed back before Kunark was released they are holding it back until kunark's release. It wouldn't be true to classic if they introduced it now, and it would start to crumble the very foundation of what doing everything in their power to stay true to classic prekunark eq means.

If they make an exception for breeze, then it no longer becomes truly classic within the dev's power, and then people will start leaving this server because they will have started to lose faith in the devs staying as true as is within their power.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insedeel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What they're trying to do like others have said is do the very best they can to emulate the game like it was in classic prekunark until they "release" the kunark expansion. There are things yes are not like classic like for example maps. It's not something they can just enable/disable, but I would have full faith that if the capability was there to remove maps for example, they would disable the map functionality in a heartbeat. Also your example of staring at your spellbook is probably the same as maps. If they were able to figure out how to revert that back to classic to force you to stare at your spellbook, I have complete faith that the devs would have done it.

You're saying that there's no good reason why it can't be implemented right now, but what everyone else is saying is that the good reason is that breeze wasn't introduced until Kunark, hence it's not part of classic prekunark everquest, and since it's a spell and something that's easy hold back until the "appropriate time" according to how the game originally progressed back before Kunark was released they are holding it back until kunark's release. It wouldn't be true to classic if they introduced it now, and it would start to crumble the very foundation of what doing everything in their power to stay true to classic prekunark eq means.

If they make an exception for breeze, then it no longer becomes truly classic within the dev's power, and then people will start leaving this server because they will have started to lose faith in the devs staying as true as is within their power.
Nice post. This is where I say "What he said."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Closed Thread