Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Aviak

First post, yay?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying old EQ, never really thought I would. But I realize: why waste my time on another same 'ol MMO that'll last for the free first 30 days, and then down the toilet? This I know I love, and I know y'all do too! Plus, the community here seems really great, people I play with are really polite - granted char names here seem a bit more retarded here than I remember back on live...

But the whole holy grail attitude towards Velious being the very end is only for show, I reckon. At the end of the day, we all want more stuff. Luclin zones weren't very cool, but I think AAs were...
Last edited by superapan; 07-09-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Orc

I started this weekend and my first thought was, ugh... EQ, after spending a bit playing a cleric and dying several times first level, and second level, and spending a while getting through third.

Then I started to notice something other MMO's haven't given me since EQ... enjoyment. The feeling of accomplishment when you take a few hours to get a level instead of a few minutes. Even when I died and lost level 6 I think it was, and was back at level 5 I thought... this is why the bad people were so much more obvious leveling up, and raged a lot louder every time something went wrong. Other MMO's are just so goddamned easy and forgiving, there is no sense of accomplishment. Then when you raid with people they give up on the first wipe cause they've had an ez mode time through the game.

The EQ world seems better too. Something about it seems more real and immersive, maybe the lack of open serverwide channels? Maybe the time it takes to travel and the actual loss when you die instead of a 30 second run back to corpse? Maybe it's just that there is some empty spaces in nektulos where I'm leveling and not endless mobs populating every inch of space, and the fact that every mob can't just be leashed. If you get a red mob and it's beating the shit out of you, you run for a zone line or guards that may be very far away.

Anyway, thanks, after many years of not playing EQ, I find I still like it better, and Kunark was a golden age.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

I keep coming back here.... wow cataclysm, roguelikes, dwarf fortress, tetris, not even sex can keep me from EQ... and I even re-subbed to live for a few months and still p99 is the best.
Closed Thread