Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2021, 11:57 PM
Banned

Had to stop and close like 10 different mailboxes on my run tonight. Apparently some punk ass teens (I’m assuming) went around opening a bunch. Some people’s mail had already blown out and was down the street

Messing with people’s mail is a crime, wish I coulda caught the people doing it. I woulda put some fear into those kids. Fuck around with my neighborhood and you and I have a problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2021, 05:17 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I woke up in a good mood and my cat came to me. Every morning we have this ritual, I pet him and wake myself up, and then me and my cat go to breakfast. It makes me happy every day.
Old 12-23-2021, 09:56 PM
Banned

Old 12-24-2021, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

Morning hot air balloon flight over Luxor.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2021, 11:06 AM
Banned

Cool!!! beans!

Today I slugged some vitamins and got some good sips of hot coffee in sore throat already feeling better.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:09 AM
Banned

That's cool as hell, hot air balloons FREAK me out though. Like, how do you steer? They just kinda go wherever?
Old 12-24-2021, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

I’m afraid of heights and this was my first time, so I was pretty freaked out as well. But it was surprisingly pleasant. The wind direction changes with altitude apparently, so when we went way up high we went one way, and then as we descended we more or less went back the other way. There’s also some minor steering by pulling ropes that pull down parts of the balloon. But mostly it’s in the hands of Allah. It was amazing though and I’d recommend it.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m afraid of heights and this was my first time, so I was pretty freaked out as well. But it was surprisingly pleasant. The wind direction changes with altitude apparently, so when we went way up high we went one way, and then as we descended we more or less went back the other way. There’s also some minor steering by pulling ropes that pull down parts of the balloon. But mostly it’s in the hands of Allah. It was amazing though and I’d recommend it.
I always wondered that, too. How the fuck do you get back to where you came from? Shit also freaks me out. I'm all for being in the wind, like Omar, but not literally. Egypt is so enchanting. Its sand and rock for miles then the green of the river nile, then sand. What a beautiful picture. Imagine seeing that like 3000 years ago after a month long trudge through the deserts... Green! I wouldnt believe it.

Oh and good thing. My table saw broke the other day but I replace the pulley on the arbor's shaft so it works again! Oh that and I didnt realize it was off by like .5mm over 4", fixed that, too. Turns out the throat plate was turned slightly towards the blade, making the cut less than an acceptable 90. Theres a whole degree in there before it turns to 91 or 89. A huge distance!
Old 12-24-2021, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's cool as hell, hot air balloons FREAK me out though
Same. Death traps in the sky

Sometimes they catch fire then you have 2 choices: jump to your death or burn alive

Pass. Grats on doing one though nostalgia, and what a view
Old 12-24-2021, 02:53 PM
Banned

Pouring rain all day so no hiking or running outside

First time treadmill running in what feels like years, but at least it’s an easy way to time myself

7:19 for 3. I used to be able to do that pace for 13m years ago. Nowadays I might have been able to do 1 more at that pace before my legs get completely crushed beneath the weight of my upper body. Distance running is a skinny man’s game

Also treadmills are so much easier than outside. The belt is pulling you, reducing the amount of effort required. The really expensive ($5k+) self-powered treadmills my gym doesn’t have :/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7ACE7939-D8A3-458F-8C2F-228CD5A5F75D.jpg (21.9 KB, 0 views)