Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only one hurling generic insults or spreading hate are those that want to take more freedoms away from a select group, yet again.
How do you feel about the Voting Rights Act protecting a majority?
Old 06-20-2023, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is called tolerance and adapting to respect others choices that don’t affect you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Education does this for you. Thank God Gen Z has plenty of it.
The first transgender surgery took place in 1952.
and the drugs have been around since the 1980s.

…Therapies that have been around more than 40 years are not so experimental.

The only one hurling generic insults or spreading hate are those that want to take more freedoms away from a select group, yet again.
literally none of that is an argument. they used to cut parts of woman's brains out to cure depression and prescribe cigarettes for pregnancy for decades also so using "Humans did X thing for X amount of time" doesn't really help your argument. it's so weak infact i'm just going to use a AI generated response to it

Tolerance and respect are important values, but they should not come at the expense of one’s health and well-being. Education should also inform people of the potential risks and complications of transgender surgery, which are not widely discussed or acknowledged by the proponents of this practice.

The fact that transgender surgery has been around for decades does not mean that it is safe or effective. Many studies have shown that transgender surgery does not improve the mental health outcomes of people with gender dysphoria, and may even increase the risk of suicide, depression, and anxiety12. Moreover, transgender surgery involves irreversible changes to one’s body that may impair fertility, sexual function, and sensation345.

The only ones spreading hate are those who deny the reality of biological sex and pressure people to undergo unnecessary and harmful surgeries that mutilate their bodies. People with gender dysphoria deserve compassion and support, but they also need to be informed of the truth and the consequences of their choices. Transgender surgery is not a cure, but a symptom of a deeper problem that needs to be addressed.
Old 06-20-2023, 12:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they also need to be informed of the truth and the consequences of their choices.
Some of the fat people who quit my 600lb life show say something like “I am going to keep eating until it kills me” unabashedly

And they can. And they will. We can and should try to inform about the risks and complications, but ultimately people gonna do what they want

This is NOT saying we should legalize all hard stuff and let people do what they want there, because that shit has huge collateral fallout damage on communities from psychosis and crime to support the habit. So fuck “anything goes” however
Old 06-20-2023, 12:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the fat people who quit my 600lb life show say something like “I am going to keep eating until it kills me” unabashedly

And they can. And they will. We can and should try to inform about the risks and complications, but ultimately people gonna do what they want

This is NOT saying we should legalize all hard stuff and let people do what they want there, because that shit has huge collateral fallout damage on communities from psychosis and crime to support the habit. So fuck “anything goes” however
Old 06-20-2023, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I’m lifting, sometimes I feel like Mundo

When I’m running, sometimes I feel like Singed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FD47BEB2-B2FE-4B8C-A1B2-D52FE12C0812.jpg (23.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51DAC2D0-29F0-48E4-8D9D-34662A143C38.jpg (24.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-20-2023, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Old 06-20-2023, 04:02 AM
Banned

^
Nonsense, there were always this many trans people throughout human history they just weren’t comfortable enough to share it

JK I think we all realize there’s a fad element, that will only grow stronger the more zero-effort, zero skill activities like announcing a new sexuality or gender are praised and given attention by society. I’m not saying that therefore attention and praise are bad, but it is also undeniable that they are sure ways to get more of that behavior from a child, no matter what the behavior is. Too many parents that don’t utilize praise and attention for positive behaviors, end up having kids who are using negative behaviors like meltdowns to get it instead

What I would hope all good people of either political party have is that if it is a fad, if a kid heard about it from somewhere and is doing it to get attention, or to fit in with a peer, or substituting it for some other life change they are longing for, that they’ll grow out of it like any other phase

And we all hope that for the time being while there is some screening process before a kid can be given drugs and surgery, that this screening process is always robust and un-biased

Some people I think have more hope than others on some of those points

But this bit from Bill was good
Old 06-20-2023, 04:43 AM
Banned

^
I think that if any parent was interested in getting their kid screened by psychologists for gender dysphoria and accompanying treatments, one fair question to ask (and hope you get an honest answer) is roughly what percent of kids seen by this medical office end up getting the diagnosis and treatment? This number is obviously going to be higher than the national rate of occurrence, because there is a reason they were brought there in the first place, but if it is a very high % I think a smart parent should become very skeptical of potential biases

Psych diagnosis are still, even for this, questionnaires (to my knowledge, which is limited in this area) . And from what I’ve seen, the errors more likely to be caught in an audit is the documentation not matching the criteria for the result. Not the result being correct or not, but how accurately the result is supported with the documentation. Meaning a clinician can theoretically pick whatever outcome they want, as long as it is supported with documentation that they are paraphrasing the person as having said to them in a questionnaire. Could they get away with misdiagnosing everyone forever? No, not saying that either though obviously. Eventually that could be caught as well, it’s just not as obvious sometimes
Old 06-20-2023, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

20% of zoomers identify as LGBTQ?

And people still say you can't become queer just by being exposed to all of this?

20% is an absurd number. That's about double what it should be. It's also fake. I'd say about half of them are just jumping on the bandwagon and making up labels for themselves as they dye their hair blue and green.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
…it's so weak infact i'm just going to use a AI generated response to it…

The only ones spreading hate are those who deny the reality of biological sex and pressure people to undergo unnecessary and harmful surgeries that mutilate their bodies. People with gender dysphoria deserve compassion and support, but they also need to be informed of the truth and the consequences of their choices. Transgender surgery is not a cure, but a symptom of a deeper problem that needs to be addressed.
Sure AI response then. Here

It is important to acknowledge that gender dysphoria is a real and difficult condition that affects some people. Transgender individuals often experience high levels of discrimination and stigma, which can lead to a range of negative outcomes, including depression, anxiety, and suicide.

It is important to approach the issue of transgender surgery with sensitivity and compassion, and to recognize that the decision to undergo surgery is a deeply personal one that should be made in consultation with medical professionals and based on individual circumstances.

While it is true that surgery is not a cure for gender dysphoria, it can be an important part of a larger treatment plan that includes therapy and hormone therapy. For some individuals, surgery can help alleviate their dysphoria and improve their mental health and quality of life.

It is also important to recognize that there is no one "right" way to be transgender, and that individuals should be free to express their gender identity in the way that feels most authentic and comfortable to them. This may involve surgery, hormone therapy, or other forms of medical intervention, but it may also involve simply living as their authentic selves without any medical intervention.

Ultimately, the most important thing is to approach the issue of gender identity with empathy and respect, and to support individuals in making decisions that are right for them based on their own needs and circumstances.
Last edited by Botten; 06-20-2023 at 09:25 AM..
Closed Thread