Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 11:40 PM
Orc

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Here, with this link you can see the following:

06.7% of Deaths were 0-49 ( 64,601 Dead) <--Where you are probably
17.5% of Deaths were 50-64 (169,000 Dead)
75.8% of Deaths were 65+ (732,587 Dead)

67.9% of Cases were 0-49 (49,660,174 Cases)
18.6% of Cases were 50-64 (18,164,908 Cases)
13.5% of Cases were 65+ (13,155,590 Cases)

Based on the given data, a rough estimate chance of dying of COVID for ages 0-49 is 0.13%.

That's ignoring any number of other factors known and unknown. Individual risks like preexisting health conditions, occupation, and location may increase or decrease the likelihood of death from COVID-19. You have to also factor in severe illness and long-term effects from COVID-19, not just Deaths.

Ignoring the effects on the individual, you have to acknowledge the problems large numbers of critically ill or sick people have on society as well. Obviously you've all heard about "Flattening the Curve" and that was purely to prevent the healthcare system from collapsing during moments when newly reported cases were jumping well over 100,000 per day. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

An intellectually honest person would weigh any COVID vaccination risks against data such as that and realize that no solution is absolutely perfect, but the vaccination rollout was the only MORAL and EVIDENCE BACKED option
Old 04-26-2023, 11:46 PM
Orc

Oh, obviously some people got COVID multiple times.

Removing duplicate infections of the same individual from the case count would decrease the total number of cases, and thus, increase the mortality rate for first time infections. I am speculating here, of course, though.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

Here, with this link you can see the following:

06.7% of Deaths were 0-49 ( 64,601 Dead) <--Where you are probably
17.5% of Deaths were 50-64 (169,000 Dead)
75.8% of Deaths were 65+ (732,587 Dead)

67.9% of Cases were 0-49 (49,660,174 Cases)
18.6% of Cases were 50-64 (18,164,908 Cases)
13.5% of Cases were 65+ (13,155,590 Cases)

Based on the given data, a rough estimate chance of dying of COVID for ages 0-49 is 0.13%.

That's ignoring any number of other factors known and unknown. Individual risks like preexisting health conditions, occupation, and location may increase or decrease the likelihood of death from COVID-19. You have to also factor in severe illness and long-term effects from COVID-19, not just Deaths.

Ignoring the effects on the individual, you have to acknowledge the problems large numbers of critically ill or sick people have on society as well. Obviously you've all heard about "Flattening the Curve" and that was purely to prevent the healthcare system from collapsing during moments when newly reported cases were jumping well over 100,000 per day. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
Thanks Doc, but the bolded part is doing some really heavy lifting

I, like any rational adult should, recognized where my health markers were at and realized that I could easily beat covid. My personal risk of death is not 0.13%, it is likely much much lower than that

Which is why I beat it easily unvaxxed in a strain that killed tens of thousands. I was running laps around the park at midnight with covid because I was going stir-crazy from quarantine, and all I felt was slightly more tired but not even winded. Also lifting at home with it. Compared to whooping cough which I had in the past, it was a complete joke

At risk or vulnerable populations should get the vaxx IMO. That is likely not Trex, based on what I have heard of his lifestyle. But I’m not giving him medical advice either, to each their own
Old 04-27-2023, 12:08 AM
Orc

It's not just about you. It's about everyone else, too.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone makes their own personal decision based on their perceived vulnerability. Personally, I think a lot of the deaths were people greatly (and tragically) overestimating how healthy they were. I read many many death stories (in detail) on Democrat sites laughing at the dead in the comments in ways that made me permanently lose faith in humanity. It was a lot of fat 55+ yr old smokers bragging about their immune systems on social media before dying. That’s what gave me that impression, personally

If we are talking the vaxx reducing risk of exposure to others, I dunno if I agree with that. Anyone with symptoms should test and quarantine if positive anyway, like I did. I’d personally rather encourage developing personal responsibility rather than taking experimental un-necessary drugs (if not vulnerable to severe symptoms) that may or may not reduce risk of transmissal to others due to symptom reduction

For all we know symptom reduction from the vaxx might cause an irresponsile person to continue to go out in the community spreading it without getting tested, while more serious unvaxxed symptoms would not. We can go round and round with hypotheticals, in ways the data I guarantee is not
Old 04-27-2023, 12:48 AM
Orc

Personal responsibility is great, but it's not enough. We needed a collective effort to combat it, and vaccination was a very large part of that. Especially because asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic individuals could still spread it before they even test themselves.

The data clearly indicates that vaccination is safe and effective at reducing infection and subsequent death on a societal level. It also shows that vaccinated people are dramatically less likely to spread the infection due to lower viral load and infectious period duration.

Here's some more Data which is better than we can do speculating:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2110475

RESULTS
In the vaccination analysis, the vaccinated and control groups each included a mean of 884,828 persons. Vaccination was most strongly associated with an elevated risk of myocarditis (risk ratio, 3.24; 95% confidence interval [CI], 1.55 to 12.44; risk difference, 2.7 events per 100,000 persons; 95% CI, 1.0 to 4.6), lymphadenopathy (risk ratio, 2.43; 95% CI, 2.05 to 2.78; risk difference, 78.4 events per 100,000 persons; 95% CI, 64.1 to 89.3), appendicitis (risk ratio, 1.40; 95% CI, 1.02 to 2.01; risk difference, 5.0 events per 100,000 persons; 95% CI, 0.3 to 9.9), and herpes zoster infection (risk ratio, 1.43; 95% CI, 1.20 to 1.73; risk difference, 15.8 events per 100,000 persons; 95% CI, 8.2 to 24.2). SARS-CoV-2 infection was associated with a substantially increased risk of myocarditis (risk ratio, 18.28; 95% CI, 3.95 to 25.12; risk difference, 11.0 events per 100,000 persons; 95% CI, 5.6 to 15.8) and of additional serious adverse events, including pericarditis, arrhythmia, deep-vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, intracranial hemorrhage, and thrombocytopenia.

CONCLUSIONS
In this study in a nationwide mass vaccination setting, the BNT162b2 vaccine was not associated with an elevated risk of most of the adverse events examined. The vaccine was associated with an excess risk of myocarditis (1 to 5 events per 100,000 persons). The risk of this potentially serious adverse event and of many other serious adverse events was substantially increased after SARS-CoV-2 infection. (Funded by the Ivan and Francesca Berkowitz Family Living Laboratory Collaboration at Harvard Medical School and Clalit Research Institute.)
Old 04-27-2023, 01:05 AM
Banned

I personally think it is enough to encourage personal responsibility in getting tested, rather than force experimental drugs on unwilling adults, and that’s where we differ. You can throw as many studies as you want out, people that test and quarantine should not be spreading covid regardless. That’s enough for me, sorry it’s not enough for you, and sorry you apparently lost in your fascist approach to medical autonomy, considering the vaxx is largely not mandatory for the general public

I’m vaxxed btw, I was about as worried about it hurting me as I was for covid, which is not at all. But I still didn’t want to take an experimental drug for an illness I already easily beat and could recognize again, until my job threatened to fire me, forcing me to take it

Not getting boosted, maybe get yourself a second one in my sake, k?
Old 04-27-2023, 01:23 AM
Banned

“Get yourself boosted, unsung, it’s about TEH PUBLIC!”

Me: who is chomping at the bit to go to the free drive up testing site I’ve tested at probably 8 times before now at the slightest little symptom so I can get my 10 days paid off work to sit at home and play games during the busiest time of the year at work: “You can go fuck right off”
Old 04-27-2023, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Sorry but what you call medicine I call poison.

Trying to shame people to take it by saying shit like this makes no sense. If you're concerned take the medicine you want that supposedly prevents you from getting it. Forcing others to get it because you're afraid is fascist as fuck.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 04-27-2023, 03:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry but what you call medicine I call poison.
Enjoy your meningitis?
Closed Thread