Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Large Bat

Default What does this mean exactly?

The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again.

Does the above mean the blue characters keep everything over the last several years and characters from green start from level one again with nothing?

Please elaborate, I don't fully understand. You can take this different ways.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Have you ever played the Diablo series online? If yes it works like seasons. If no, someone else can explain
Old 12-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralistin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again.
Where did you get that from? Last i recall there wasn't any concrete plans as to what's going to happen to green at the end of its "patch cycle".
Old 12-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Large Bat

That came from Nilbog himself under "News and Announcements" when releasing the green server.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Interesting. Not sure how i missed that. With hope, that doesn't happen, but I digress.

What it means is that all of the characters on green will be transferred on to blue, and the green server will be reset back to day 1 release of everquest and once again follow the natural expansion/patch progression of the original EQ experience that the current iteration of green (and teal) are in the process experiencing.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

Green merging into Blue isn’t a concrete plan. It was at a certain point but the developers have reconsidered.

But eventually Green’s cycle will come to an end and a new fresh server will be opened. At that point the current Green toons will be put somewhere where people who want to continue playing them can choose to do so.

Personally, I hope Green #1 becomes the legacy server that all future servers roll into. Blue plays like a completely different game and it’ll take another half a decade after Green concludes it’s patch cycle for it to start resembling Blue.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-31-2019, 09:39 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue plays like a completely different game.
How would you describe how blue plays? I can imagine green/teal. I am not sure which server to return to yet. I have decked out toons on blue but it sounds that just might be a scheduled poop sock event.
Old 12-31-2019, 10:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I hope Green #1 becomes the legacy server that all future servers roll into. Blue plays like a completely different game and it’ll take another half a decade after Green concludes it’s patch cycle for it to start resembling Blue.
This what they should do. Rolling Green into Blue after calling the latter a beta server and the former the first "production" server makes zero sense. I'd have assumed if nothing else that the code and configs are not fully aligned. And you know it'll freak out the Release Management guys again and they always escalate to the SVP.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Green and teal are shaping up to be Blue#2 anyway.
Old 12-31-2019, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

People today will whine about merging green into blue so keep green, then in a few years people will while about merging new green into old green.

You just cant win vs the whiners - staff should do what they planned to do
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread