Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 04:03 PM
Kobold

It’s fine, pantheon will be out by then and no one will care about green merging with anything.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealmd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s fine, pantheon will be out by then and no one will care about green merging with anything.
That's assuming Pantheon will be a good game...
Old 12-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

I don’t think Green should merge. I think Green should become the recycle server for future Green servers.

Blue has problems Green isn’t going to have.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 12-28-2019, 10:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think Green should merge. I think Green should become the recycle server for future Green servers.

Blue has problems Green isn’t going to have.
Yeah I like this idea. Make Green 1.0 the new 'museum' server where all the future greens fall into later. Don't get me wrong I love blue I have a ton of toons there and I don't want them wiped or anything like that. But maybe we should keep green ( and the subsequent greens ) separate.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 12-28-2019, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

A bit early to hit the panic button.

Then again these forums trend towards panic more often than not. Carry on.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit early to hit the panic button.

Then again these forums trend towards panic more often than not. Carry on.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2019, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The staffs current plan is to merge with Blue at the end of Velious and restart Green. But what about us who choose to keep playing the characters we spent all that time on? They are dumped into the trashheap that is Blue; Inflation is through the roof, economy ruined, everyone's twinked as hell and the early game is dead...Have fun! Really?

I could go on and on but my point is, sending us to Blue will make our characters worthless. Please consider a new server for Green transfers. Blue was the beta phase for P1999 and there is no reason to ever go back.
You used the wrong word. Stagnant servers have deflation, except for items which no longer drop. Look at the price of research words/spells on Blue vs Green. Server merge makes low end items more accessible, not less accessible.

What *exactly* is the problem? That the price of manastones might go up? The price of dagger of manek might go down?

The biggest problem I can see is that the Blue raid force will be better geared than the Green/Teal raid force.

The biggest benefit I can see is that the Green/Teal community will likely be under 1000 people peak based on current population trends and that the population will likely be revived slightly, especially if people will be leaving for Green 2.0.

So the question is: Is keeping Green prices *higher* worth a potential declining population? The economy will break over time anyway, that's inevitable, but the loss of Green's post Green 2.0 population is not.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:31 PM
Banned

Merge green with world of warcraft
Old 12-28-2019, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossiewulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck yes well done!
Old 12-29-2019, 12:36 AM
Planar Protector

I've been reading the forums daily for the last 3 weeks or so. Nothing but a bunch of 50 year olds complaining about multiple aspects that don't specifically tailor to their needs with no reasonable argument as to why it should change.

Here is your non-PC statement for the day: STFU and enjoy the free server that the staff have put nothing but volunteered time into over the last 10 years. If you don't like it, move on, it really is that simple.