Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 05:54 PM
Aviak

Yeah! What I like about this is he has links for every single ruling for said camp. I can’t imagine the work you put into this.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camp fights aren't fun for anyone, and very often they arise out of a misunderstanding of the rules. In order to help get everyone on the same page (literally) I've been working on a wiki page to document all of the staff's rulings.

However, the format of that page wasn't so useful, so I created a new page that can hopefully become the new goto for "is there a camp ruling I should know about for _____". The new page isn't complete yet, but before I got too far with it I wanted to get feedback on whether the format is good, whether the page is missing info, etc.

If you have a minute please check out http://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules and tell me what you think!
I think this kind of documentation is very much needed. Thanks for getting it started. I do however wish we could simplify by a set of rules rather than having to define special rules per camp. I'd like to see the scenario added of how long a camp can be spawned and camper away from camp before it is lost. Good work!
Old 05-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this kind of documentation is very much needed. Thanks for getting it started. I do however wish we could simplify by a set of rules rather than having to define special rules per camp. I'd like to see the scenario added of how long a camp can be spawned and camper away from camp before it is lost. Good work!
Thanks. The general rules are at the bottom; the tables above them are just the exceptional cases. In a game as intricate as EQ, I don't think any one set of generic rules can possibly cover every possible different case, so I do think some exceptions are needed ... but hopefully the page will minimize the pain of those exceptions.

As for the time, the staff have never posted a specific time, which is why the page doesn't have anything about time. I strongly suspect this is on purpose; the staff likes to leave details like that open-ended and decide based on all of the information available at any given dispute.

In other words, if you wanted to take A4 from me that one time, the only way to know if I took "too long" would be to petition and see if the GM that showed up felt it was too long [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbiscuits [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah! What I like about this is he has links for every single ruling for said camp. I can’t imagine the work you put into this.
Thanks!

Actually, compared to the fashion categories (which took me weeks of custom coding) this page came together in under a day (although it leveraged the Rulings page heavily, and that page probably took several days, over the course of months). Menden's recent posts helped a great deal; he covered both the core rules at the bottom and several specific camps all in the course of a few posts he made yesterday; thank you GM Menden!

But at the risk of being cheesy, I'm always happy to put in the time if it helps make the game I love better for everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Wait so selling SF loot rights is against the rules?? Praise this rule if it actually gets enforced
Old 05-05-2019, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks!

Actually, compared to the fashion categories (which took me weeks of custom coding) this page came together in under a day (although it leveraged the Rulings page heavily, and that page probably took several days, over the course of months). Menden's recent posts helped a great deal; he covered both the core rules at the bottom and several specific camps all in the course of a few posts he made yesterday; thank you GM Menden!

But at the risk of being cheesy, I'm always happy to put in the time if it helps make the game I love better for everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin, it's no-lifers like you....

that make the game playable for the rest of us.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Thanks for your work Loramin
<The Second Sons>
Old 05-05-2019, 12:54 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait so selling SF loot rights is against the rules?? Praise this rule if it actually gets enforced
eh.. there was a clarifying post somewhere that stated you can sell loot rights but you must move on once your item drops. We don't want people to think they can sit on the camp through multiple SF spawns selling every loot right.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eh.. there was a clarifying post somewhere that stated you can sell loot rights but you must move on once your item drops. We don't want people to think they can sit on the camp through multiple SF spawns selling every loot right.
That's a sexy ruling right there
Old 05-05-2019, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My apologies Senior Guide Menden. That post got missed somehow when I compiled the Rulings page, but has now been corrected.

I also added the following warning at the top:

Quote:
NOTE: This page is NOT comprehensive. Like the rest of the wiki it is purely a volunteer effort. At any time a staff member may make a new ruling that's not included here, and if you see one please feel add it here: it's a wiki!
Hopefully though this speaks to the potential value of the page. If I, when making an effort, missed a ruling, it's easy to believe that others might as well, and that a page like this might help many players better understand the camp rules of this server overall.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a sexy ruling right there

Closed Thread