Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Planar Protector

Default Saw the mutha, fuckin, hobbit

threeeeee deeeeeeeeeeee

spoilers: lotta dwarves
Old 12-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

can you rate it on a scale from 1 to 10? 1 being boring crap and utter disappointment and 10 being best movie ever.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can you rate it on a scale from 1 to 10? 1 being boring crap and utter disappointment and 10 being best movie ever.
Depends. If you've read the Hobbit and enjoy the material it's very enjoyable (with some embellishments). Purists may not enjoy it, but yeah, reviewers were right. The Gollum riddle scenes are amazing but not taken with the seriousness that was conveyed in the books. Hard to though after the first three movies of him half being a clown til the end of the third. On that note, disgusted with how they handled Gimli in the movies as well, but w/e <_< edit: Gimli in the LOTR movies. He's obviously not in the Hobbit.

Solid 8-9 for me, but again, I've been following this movie for like 3 years. Fanboys make bad reviewers :|

Also, the 3d is actually worth seeing. It adds more depth of field rather than the usual popout crap they've tried with Spiderman etc in the past.

edit: Oh, and the dwarf singing is omg. Perfect.

re-edit: Also, I'm not sure how much more we'll get in the extended versions release. Peter Jackson's giant balls went ahead and made a 2hr 50 minute runtime theatrical edition. Plenty of lore-moments and scenery shots abound, which I could see annoyed people in the audience who were there for dragons. About Smaug...uh, remember it's split into three movies so don't expect too much, it's paced similar to the book and they only do get about 1/3rd of the way through.
Last edited by HeallunRumblebelly; 12-14-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

spoilers: lotta dwarves
Dammit, ruined for me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Banned

48 frames instead of 24 noticeable?

good to see the 3d is good (prometheus 3d rocked)
Old 12-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OforOppression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
48 frames instead of 24 noticeable?

good to see the 3d is good (prometheus 3d rocked)
I saw it last night, and I thought it looked great. I don't understand why it's getting bad reviews. /Shrug. I guess that's why I don't care what critics say about movies. If you liked the Lord of the Rings, you'll like the Hobbit IMO. Now we just have to wait 2 more movies to see what happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did not see it in 3-D as I do not like seeing movies in 3-D.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppykid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw it last night, and I thought it looked great. I don't understand why it's getting bad reviews. /Shrug. I guess that's why I don't care what critics say about movies. If you liked the Lord of the Rings, you'll like the Hobbit IMO. Now we just have to wait 2 more movies to see what happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Did not see it in 3-D as I do not like seeing movies in 3-D.
Getting poor reviews for what I saw in the theaters last night. People unable to sit down for 3 hours to watch a movie combined with people giving 0 fucks about the source material. And this was at a midnight showing--I imagine this weekend it'll be pure torture to try to see this movie in any busy place.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Sarnak

i give it two thumbs down and i havent even seen it (nor will i)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Movie was great, if you're a purist, maybe not so.

Lots of embellishments and added scenes that weren't pictured in the original book. I do have to say that they brought in a LOT of lore from other works of Tolkien like the Silmarillion and Book of Lost Tales. Radagast was awesome I am so glad they brought him in as I felt like wizardry (the Istari) were left out too much in the original books. Glad to see they brought him in and they even mentioned the two blue wizards lost at sea.

My wife - who HATED the original LOTR movie trilogy, went with me and loved it. She has even agreed to re-watch LOTR
Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

just saw it, id say easily 9/10 maybe 10/10. shit was legit and better than the other lotr movies.

and yes meeting more of the wizards such as Radagast the brown was pretty cool