Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you mean medication or physical alteration, that physically damages them when they're not culpable to make that decision on their own. I wouldn't want you taking your 12 year old daughter to get breast implants, either, even if she asked. I also regard it as harmful to teach children about things they're, again, not culpable enough to properly understand or use. I don't want my daughter's 4th grade teaching her about trans stuff....but I don't want them teaching her to suck dicks either even though that's straight as an arrow.

Clothes don't matter overmuch and fashion changes over time anyway. For a long time, centuries, it was pretty standard practice for little boys to wear dresses for the first few years of their lives.

Danth
Just so we are clear, I have no kids and if I had a kid who asked me if I would sign off on them changing their gender via HRT I have absolutely no idea what the hell I would do. This is one of many reasons I do not have kids.

But I like to make right-wingers articulate their beliefs. I believe that helps all of us, in a way.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

I just like challenging folks to their long held beliefs that they may have never questioned before, for example I asked them why its wrong to trans a kid and boy you should have seen their eyes get big and look at me like I am Satan himself.

Lol
Old 08-25-2022, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just so we are clear, I have no kids
Right, meant the "your 12 year old" in a figurative sense. I also think it's best for national discourse when people can talk about their opinions and back it up with either facts or at least sound reasoning and fair opinion.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just like challenging folks to their long held beliefs that they may have never questioned before, for example I asked them why its wrong to trans a kid and boy you should have seen their eyes get big and look at me like I am Satan himself.

Lol
People ask people to explain themselves all the time. This isn't a weird thing.

I find people squirming to avoid explaining themselves online to be a tell, of sorts
Old 08-25-2022, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People ask people to explain themselves all the time. This isn't a weird thing.

I find people squirming to avoid explaining themselves online to be a tell, of sorts
For sure, bullseye. Anyone uncomfortable with explaining the ins and outs of kid transexualism is a sus.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:18 PM
Banned

You just have to take charge as a kid

What I would do as a teen boy is I would come to my school counselor and say, look, my authentic self is JACKED, and I do not feel like my authentic self right now. So what I need for you to do is hook me up with some of that testosterone injections, we can start with 150mg/week. I feel like this will really let me be me, improve my self-confidence, and if I don’t get it, I’m going to be depressed and maybe suicidal
Old 08-25-2022, 03:24 PM
Banned

It's a tricky subject but without being able to articulate their beliefs anyone would fail in front of a judge or jury in the inevitable lawsuits legislation would create, no matter which direction the law is pointing

No, most of us aren't lawyers but still, never seen any right winger explain to me in factual terms why teaching children that trans people exist is inherently wrong. Much less any of the tougher issues like why there should be laws that prevent a hypothetical parent from allowing their kid to do it.
Old 08-25-2022, 03:31 PM
Banned

Hormones are a life sentence, my dad pays $150/month for his HRT

Heck yea it’s in everybody’s interest, and by everybody I mean big pharma, to get kids and young adults saddled with these. A lifetime of medication? Thats big money
Old 08-25-2022, 03:41 PM
Banned

I love too how gender affirming medication is called “life saving”. Life saving used to mean the medication prevented you from having a heart attack, or stopped an infection from killing you

Threatening that if you don’t give me this medication I’ll kill myself is not “life saving”. Any medication can be considered life saving then. Hell, anything you want at all is life saving then. If you don’t give me a PS5 I’ll kill myself. That is now a “life saving” PlayStation 5

Just seems weird. I don’t even hear antidepressants called “life saving” in behavioral health ever
Old 08-25-2022, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It's a tricky subject
I don't know if I qualify since I'm not exactly a "right winger," but I'll describe what I did with my own daughter. I had no choice but to talk to her about trans people because we have one in our extended family and we visit on occasion. Boiling it down, I more or less told her, she was maybe 6 or 7 at the time, that some people are born with their wires crossed, aren't comfortable in their own bodies, and they deal with it however they can in a way to try to feel as comfortable as they can. They don't pick to be born like they are so treat them as nicely as you'd treat anyone else. Seems to have sufficed--it's a nonissue and the matter hasn't come up in years. Objectionable subjects for a child that age like sex didn't even factor in.

If my daughter wanted to do something like that herself, I'd put my foot down and make her wait 'till adulthood and independence, same as with any other decision of such major lasting effect.

As a rule I tend to support parental choice over government mandate. I trust government involvement in parenting about as much as I trust the Gestapo so I'll only want to involve Uncle Sam in situations where the Gestapo is the lesser evil. There are not many such situations.

---------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love too how gender affirming medication is called “life saving”. Life saving used to mean the medication prevented you from having a heart attack, or stopped an infection from killing you
That sort of thing is pretty flagrant propaganda.

Danth
Closed Thread