Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-12-2023, 03:46 PM
Kobold

Default Did they change charm?

I've been noticing recently that my charm spells have more random breaks, even though I've been XPing in the same zones as before and I'm of a higher level. Anyone else noticing more random breaks in charm?
Old 02-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

to this day ive been feeling like my charms have been holding on forever and almost never breaking :O
Old 02-12-2023, 07:35 PM
Fire Giant

Haven't felt much difference, piloted one of the maestro hall guards in hate for a few hours and didn't feel like they broke more than usual.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

yeah charm is absurdly reliable on P99, OP probably just had a bad run of RNG luck

wasn't there some change to how charisma works with charms tho? maybe OP needs to grab some cha gear.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah charm is absurdly reliable on P99
One might even say, unclassically reliable ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2023, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Working as intended.
Old 02-13-2023, 02:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

yeah I feel almost cheating playing ench with max cha lol
Old 02-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Large Rat

I get so much RNG with charms. I’m a 54 enchanter, 255 CHA, up-to-date Tash, and giving -30MR in pet items (adamantite band, rusty spiked shoulders, tome of eternal) charming the little dogs in Karnors Castle and I get very inconsistent timing on charm-holds. Sometimes I’ll hold the pet for 10+ minutes, sometimes I’ll have 3 breaks back-to-back. From what I’ve read CHA only affects the charm’s resist chances, and the length of charm mostly comes down to Magic Resistance and RNG (rolling 5% chance to break every tick?). On a good note I was able to charm the Undead Foreman yesterday on the 2nd try (first try resisted) and it held long enough to finish the quest for my OT hammer and gate out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2023, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3393 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get so much RNG with charms. I’m a 54 enchanter, 255 CHA, up-to-date Tash, and giving -30MR in pet items (adamantite band, rusty spiked shoulders, tome of eternal) charming the little dogs in Karnors Castle and I get very inconsistent timing on charm-holds. Sometimes I’ll hold the pet for 10+ minutes, sometimes I’ll have 3 breaks back-to-back. From what I’ve read CHA only affects the charm’s resist chances, and the length of charm mostly comes down to Magic Resistance and RNG (rolling 5% chance to break every tick?). On a good note I was able to charm the Undead Foreman yesterday on the 2nd try (first try resisted) and it held long enough to finish the quest for my OT hammer and gate out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those dogs have a 4 or 5 level range

either way, its mostly level difference with a bit of CHA and magic resist sprinkled in...you're doing all the right things just sometimes RNG-jesus comes and whoops dat ass
Old 02-13-2023, 08:45 PM
Aviak

I’ve noticed that if there are multiple charmed pets in a group sometimes they all break at the same time. This happens too frequently to believe it’s purely RNG for each pet, but it keeps things exciting (and heroes are born)!

Another thing I’ve noticed is mobs being temporarily immune to magic. This isn’t new, but it’s like mobs will randomly get 500+ MR for like 10 seconds.