Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Orc

Default Logical Additional Content

Logical additional content for p1999 in my mind would be

1) Veksar - Kunark based zone without overpowered loot
2) The Grey and Ssraeshze Temple - Kunark based, loot powerful but if level is kept at 60 then will require massive raids to take down boss mobs
3)The Legacy of Ykesha zones - No overpowered loot, just add zones without adding frogs, add the new spells, zones inline with level 60 max characters.

What do you guys think?
Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Aviak

I think if folks want custom content added to a Velious Era server then there are other servers to play on.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

I want, nay I demand, additional custom helm options. There should be a helmsmith that can customize a wide variety of helms, like say a Crown of Rile.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

The way I look at it is people with multiple 60s and have done all there is to do will eventually leave opening up the game to those of us who are quite a bit more casual and enjoy roleplaying, stopping to smell the roses. I don't want to add a reason for those folks to stick around.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Orc

Plane of Underfoot
Old 03-11-2016, 12:09 PM
Aviak

Default Custom content

I have no interest in seeing custom content anytime soon, but it might be warranted in the far future based on player demand. I understand the devs have not ruled it out.

If people want PoP, one option would be to put a stone in EC tunnel to PoT. Skip luclin, no bazaar, no PoK. Its not classic, but it might keep the player based engaged.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Wizard spell crits and possibly autofire option for rangers. Call it good.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think if folks want custom content added to a Velious Era server then there are other servers to play on.
I think they said they wanted to make custom zones after all the velious patches were in. PoP ftw )
Old 03-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

The goal of the project is to emulate classic Everquest through the Velious expansion.

Therefore, there is no "logical" additional content.

It also does not provide any benefit to the server for people with multiple 60's to have "more things to do," they are not guaranteed paying customers, and while some may donate it could be assumed that without the forum toxicity stemming from high-level-guild-drama, more people would play '99, and thus more donations would flow in.

I posit that having the high end guilds burn out faster and quit (provided they don't RMT off) would actually be BETTER for the health of the server.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard spell crits and possibly autofire option for rangers. Call it good.
I would like to see a form of AA's put in. Adds functions to classes that really needed it, provides grindage sinkholes.