Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 11-22-2023, 09:27 AM
Large Rat

Default Discord bots for respawn timers

Looking for active bots to use on my personal server to keep up with scout and other other mob respawn times. Any recommendations without having to create my own? Ty all very much for any recommendations you may provide!
Old 11-27-2023, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-28-2023, 12:12 PM
Kobold

Should be bannable offense IMO
Old 11-28-2023, 12:23 PM
Large Rat

So I am confused on both of your statements. I was looking for a discord bot that counts time that I manually input, how is this not classic and even more how would this be a ban able offense? This is nothing but a timer, I use to use desktop clocks back in the day to do the same thing, before I wrote code I was seeing if anyone had an easy one created for discord. Just incase either of you are still confused, it’s a timer, based on a manual inputted command, that is only on discord and does not touch or use anything from p99 to include its files…
Old 11-28-2023, 12:47 PM
Banned

If it's for your personal server and not p99 then check eqemu.org, the discord for eqemu, many github repositories related to eq emu, and also check takp discord and quarm's discord for the open source discussion there. I don't think what you are looking for exists, but I could be wrong. Depending on your dev skills you probably could create what you are looking for if you have the patience to build it out.

If this program was applied to p99 it would probably trigger anti-cheat which could get your account actioned negatively so I wouldn't try what you are suggesting on p99. If it's your own personal server check out the resources I mentioned. If it's p99 I would suggest not to alter the dll or exe here in anyway to stay within the rules p99 has.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:48 PM
Banned

nparse will timespawners u need a program that dings a chime every 10 mins or something when u press a button or it logs a mob is dead

still a shady/bad way to play the game i dont see why u neeed it lol

for a server like quarm/p99 it should be illegal to use
Old 11-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Large Rat

I think my use of verbiage caused confusion, I am not looking for a script or ai to read spawns off servers. I was just looking for customizable manual count downs, the bot would simply take the time and name I manually give it and keep up with when the timer would be up. Like putting multiple timers on your phone, not anything touching any p99 information at all. Example, scout was spawned, I hit a timer for x hours, then check on it later. I can make timers now but I can’t change their names so it just looks like I have multiple clocks going and gets confusing. Thanks for the advice for those who contributed!
Old 11-28-2023, 01:05 PM
Banned

Perhaps check out:

https://github.com/smasherprog/EqTool

https://github.com/nomns/nparse

https://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/

Edit: Reading the log file is allowed on p99.
Last edited by Seducio; 11-28-2023 at 01:15 PM..
Old 11-28-2023, 02:11 PM
Kobold

The responses to this thread are interesting....Unfortunately I don't have much value to add in terms of a resource to point you towards to get this setup as I haven't done it myself.

Every competitive guild in P99 is actively tracking the spawn windows of all competitive mobs at all times. To imply this is illegal or bannable is simply misinformed at best.

The rules allow for external programs to be applied to the game when they simply involve reading/scraping/parsing log files and not modifying in game play.

The tool OP is describing would be no different than other tools like GINA and NParse that are prevalently used enmas accross P99 today. These tools are already capable of acknowledging a death of a mob via text log and automatically applying a timer for when the spawn will re-pop. People use this all the time.

I've also seen guilds have discord bots built out with each mob and its spawn window so all you have to do is input the time of death for the mob and the bot will track when the spawn window opens and closes for the next spawn. Each one I've seen works a bit differently so I assume they are hand built by members of those guilds and likely they aren't sharing but would be curious if you find something plug and play or build this out yourself. I've been wanting a similar tool as well.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:04 PM
Kobold

Should be bannable offense IMO