Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 12:24 PM
Large Bat

The quest calls for the velium war wolf choker so I never tried the regular one myself, even so the gems keep being eaten too.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Aviak

Update:
after patch this morning went back to tamer.

Still apprehensive even after killing more wolves.

last time he didn't talk to me or face me when i hailed him or tried to do anything. This time he faced me when hailed and responded to quest text.

turned in gem of persuasion and he handed me back the giants version. Didn't manage to get a Velium War Wolf Choker, so haven't tried that turn in yet.

Maybe he was bugged and not resetting before?

Think maybe he should take either choker?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...04137021344539
Quote:
I waited in GD till a "Coldain War Wolf" (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=8769) spawned, (wasn't too hard at the time since there were people killing the PH's) which dropped a "War Wolf Choker"(will edit soon).
... I went up behind him and turned in the choker and the gem, but he gives back a "Blood Wolf Harness"
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...89530483306340
Quote:
The Velium War Wolf Choker is dropable and it becomes the Blood Wolf Harness when you hand it in.
also sounds like you don't need the harness at all for the turn in? just giant gem back to tamer.

Quote:
Go back to Kael and give a frost giant wolf tamer the Gem
[Tue Feb 05 23:48:53 2013] You say, '***************************************turn in Gem of Persuasion'
[Tue Feb 05 23:49:00 2013] a frost giant wolf tamer says 'Ahhh. Now that really is an interesting little trinket. You know, that might be interesting with a harness.'
[Tue Feb 05 23:49:13 2013] You say, '*****************************receive Giants Gem of Persuasion' http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=59138
[Tue Feb 05 23:49:54 2013] You say, '************************************** turn in both parts..'
[Tue Feb 05 23:49:34 2013] a frost giant wolf tamer says 'Yes. Exactly as I thought. Hrm. I'd keep this but you've done much work. You may be one of the filthy outlanders but you can keep it. You can save your thanks.'
[Tue Feb 05 23:49:34 2013] a frost giant wolf tamer says 'I have no need for this Linucs, you can have it back.'
[Tue Feb 05 23:50:15 2013] You say, '*********************************************** receive Giants Harness of Control and Blood Wolf Harness back'
Caity Laughinghammer 54 Barbarian Shaman <Ra Imperial Guard> Torv
Last edited by gnatch; 08-15-2015 at 01:14 PM..
Old 08-17-2015, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

I petitioned for a reimbursement, too, but never got it and my thread was deleted
Old 08-21-2015, 07:34 AM
Sarnak

bump

giant wolf tamer took my gem of peruasion and handed back a giant's gem of persuasion. I then handed him the giant's gem and he ate it.

you shouldn't need to hand in BOTH the choker and the giant gem.

I did this on eqmac and skipped the velium choker hand in.

Quote:
Give him the Gem of Persuasion, he will return the Giants Gem of Persuasion, which you give back to him. No dialogue is necessary. You will receive a Giants Harness of Control.
2008 guide on allah http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1218

I followed this whole guide on eqmac and it worked perfectly

Quote:
Just completed the quest last night, so it still works fine. I followed the advice/directions posted below for using a mule, and tweaked/clarified a few things. So my walkthrough is a combination of previously posted information, with my own edits thrown in.

Create a mule that worships Rallos Zek. An orge shaman can do the turn-ins in Kael Drakkel and Thurgadin. I did this on the Test server, where I could /testbuff to level 25 and had SoW and Shrink spells, but only invis to animals. I used no potions, but if you are doing this on a live server then you'll need invis, SoW, and Shrink potions.

Take the mule to just outside the orc fort in Eastern Wastes and camp. Take the main to the orc fort in EW, clear a path for the mule from the front to the Crystal Caverns zone in, then zone into Crystal Caverns and camp. Log in the mule and bring it into Crystal Caverns and camp at the entrance. Log in the main and kill any mob in the zone, preferably near the entrance, until a Bottle of Karsin Acid drops. Camp the main, log in the mule, and have the mule loot the Bottle of Karsin Acid.

Take the mule to Thurgadin. Shrink yourself a couple of times, then go in the main gate, go left and then when the path forks go left and Erdarf is in the first building on your left. Hand him the Bottle of Karsin Acid, no dialogue is necessary. You receive Gem of Persuasion.

Take the mule to Kael Drakkel. Run to Bank in KD, from there you take the path to your right (facing bank) up towards Tormax Area. Keep running (nothing will attack) until you see the ice bridge. Look to your left and there is a slope down towards below the ice bridge. Walk down it, you will see Gleed Dragonhunter and Nerik Wolfsoul and you will see A Giant Wolf Tamer also. Give him the Gem of Persuasion, he will return the Giants Gem of Persuasion, which you give back to him. No dialogue is necessary. You will receive a Giants Harness of Control.

Take the mule to Great Divide. Take the mule to the shardwurm caves in the center of the zone and camp outside of the tunnel. Log in the main and take the main to GD to the coldain tunnel that is southernmost and easternmost. Go into the cave to make sure Relik AND Korf Brokenhammer are up. Then go to the shardwurm caves in the center of the zone and check to see if the Shardwurm Broodmother is up, and kill any shardwurms on the way to the Broodmother to clear a path for the mule, as some of the shardwurms see invis. Camp the main outside of the shardwurm caves.

Log in the mule and take the mule into the shardwurm caves to get to the Shardwurm Broodmother. From the north you enter the caves and take the first left then the next left. She should be indifferent to you. Give Broodmother the Giants Harness of Control, then camp the mule.

Log in the main, and take the main back to the coldain tunnel and camp the main outside of the tunnel. Korf and Relik will now be respawned outside. When the Broadmother shows up she will attack Relik. Korf will respawn and start running south. Wait until Korf respawns and begins to run before you attack, or he will not have the bracer on him. Kill him and loot your bracer, he is level 45 and medium to low MR.

Quote:
Give him the wolf harness and the giant version of the gem, and he gives you his giant control harness. If you want, you can start the whole quest by handing in the Karsin Acid.. it is not necessary to kill the Coldain War Wolf and hand in the Choker.
the guide copy and pasted to wiki
Old 08-24-2015, 12:40 PM
Project Manager

Pending update,

Frost giant wolf tamer no longer requires a blood wolf harness and a giants gem of persuasion. He will give you a Giant's Harness of Control for the Giant's Gem of Persuasion.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Orc

Default Still not working

The frost giant wolf tamer will not respond to me even though I am amiable with Kromrif, and he still eats the gem of persuasion

Level 53 iksar necro
Ally with Kromzek
Amiable with Kromrif
Appre with King
Old 10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolica1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The frost giant wolf tamer will not respond to me even though I am amiable with Kromrif, and he still eats the gem of persuasion

Level 53 iksar necro
Ally with Kromzek
Amiable with Kromrif
Appre with King
I made a fix which should correct this for next patch.
Old 10-17-2015, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Hi I just want to confirm that this is currently still pending a patch fix?
Old 10-17-2015, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi I just want to confirm that this is currently still pending a patch fix?
Last full patch was sept. 21. Keep waiting.
Old 10-20-2015, 01:49 AM
Kobold

Also like to add that the broodmother has unlimited hp or regeneration and is Charmable by a bard who is not resisted by unsufficient level.
Closed Thread