Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's tiny added bonuses for prolonged levelling in CB for evils, the Felwithe banker is on the guard faction it seems (I forget which, but killing orcs does the trick). Check your con with the guards, get it to apprehensive or above - one decent session at the wall/TR might get you that far.

Later, when you're able to invis (Lvl 30?), you can invis to the bank...do your business, and invis back out. I say that because otherwise you'll be running past the Paladin guild and the annoying bard mail quest guy. The paladin guild pack a punch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't try to bank in Kelethin however (tree city), that banker is just a full-time asshat and on a different faction from the guards. You'll still be able to sit by the guards and enjoy a cup of tea or piece of cake without them taking offence though.

Banking is handy on Faydwer if you'll be frequenting Unrest or Mistmoore (and Kedge at later levels I guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Fixing factions beyond what Crushbone serves is rather easy. Handing in muffins to Pandos in Freeport maxes you with the Kelethin Ranger guild (Faydark's Champions), Kelethin Druid guild (Soldiers of Tunare), the Felwithe Paladin/Cleric guild (Clerics of Tunare), and the invisible, and thus useless, High/Wood Elven king (King Tearis Thex).

Couple this with Crushbone slaughter which will raise your Emerald Warriors (Kelethin Warrior guild plus Kelethin and Felwithe guards) and the bat wings quest which raises Keepers of the Arts (Felwithe Casters guild) and you'll only have to avoid the Kelethin Bards/Rogues (Songweavers/Scouts of Tunare) and the Bankers (Merchants of Felwithe/Kelethin Merchants). Shark Meat will fix the merchants/Bankers but have fun sitting in Odus for 2-3 days to farm enough meat to get above Dubious...although, assuming the devs stick true to the timeline, for a limited time once Velious drops the aforementioned meat will be purchasable in Thurgadin. Long run back to Kelethin but with a handy porter friend it makes factioning a breeze (as the shark meat also raises Emerald Warriors, making Crushbone killing obsolete. Which is good considering it's size and the ZEM which keeps it relatively full of noobs 24/7).
Old 04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

I say no.

Evils get fucked enough in the game as is, why make it harder on yourself?

If you want a faction challenge, go roll an Iksar and then take the boat over to Antonica. That will keep you on your toes for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Closed Thread