Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Server wipe, complaining solved?
Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Aviak

I didnt read even half the posts on this forum, so forgive me if its been said already. But here's my two cents, for what it's worth....think at todays rates ,probably slightly under two cents, but whatever. The raid scene here isn't "that" bad. This is a conversation that comes up far too often. EVERYONE on the server knows where the raid guilds are, who they are, and how to get in them. Those guilds worked hard to grow, gain the ability to do what they do (Even if it is "monopolozing (SP? Who cares....anyway) raid mobs and be the best on the server. EVERYONE on the server has the ability to app to those guilds and earn their place. You either want to hard core raid or you don't. If you're casual be casual and deal with the situation that puts you in. Most guilds that I know of will provide you a chance to tag along should you need a Plane/Dragon/Raid drop....sure, if someone in their guild needs it over you...you're just along for the ride, but that's only fair, as it's THEIR raid. So many people want to hate on the big 3 or 4 guilds because they have what others don't. The force time and commitment to achieve their goals. Either put in the effort to become one of the elite raiders, or STFU. Again this is just my two cents, and by the end of this rather lengthy rant, it's value has probably decreased even further. I can live with that.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned

IMO Raiding is a very small slice of the game. I think the journey to get to raiding is more rewarding than poopsocking to get some item on your level 60 character. If you want to raid, you can join TMO for hardcore stuff or another guild for more casual raiding. Sure, maybe it's silly that the kids/neckbeards in TMO can dedicate their lives to batphoning etc., but that's not enviable to me. Let those who crave it have their pps and the rest of us can have fun.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Despite what those who complain on the forums will tell you, the raid scene on p99 is not that bad. Coming from EQ Live Tribunal, it's hardly different from live. YMMV.

The proof is in the pudding: the server pop is fine and, due to server age, many players have at least one level 60. They don't get to 60 and quit because mean ol' TMO takes the fun out of their lives.

And I can already hear the response: well you're in TMO, your opinion is biased.

Of course it is. But let me lay out a few facts for you:

I rolled on this server in July or August of 2012, and I didn't know a single soul. I had tons of time to play and by December I had a 60 enchanter in a smaller guild <Asgard> that raided the planes regularly.

I obtained my entire set of planar gear and my epic with the help of friends in that guild, along with a few nice non-guildies that I met along the way. While the enc epic does not have pieces that drop from highly contested mobs, it's still 16 pieces of non-MQable loot, which means it's a pain in the ass. The quest's bottleneck, Verina Tomb, at the time WAS a hotly contested mob that was camped by many guilds - including TMO (Allezia? or similar). I still got mine, because I put in the time and effort to get a few people who I knew I could call/text when she popped. I even saw her pop once and lost the race to engage, but kept trying.

My old guild collapsed around January 2013. I had grouped with some people in TMO but didn't really know anyone. I knew <Asgard> was done raiding anything, so I left my old guild and apped. I did what I was supposed to do, got the gear I was supposed to get and the keys I needed. I showed up to raids, followed directions, asked questions if I wasn't sure of what to do, and made the effort to make friends. I got full membership.

Shortly after full membership, my RL changed significantly because I got the opportunity for a really nice new job. It has eaten my time and my raid attendance has dropped dramatically. I have not spent time tracking spawns, which is a big part of earning loot in TMO. As a result, I have acquired no high-end loot in my time with the guild. I've gotten a couple sky pieces and the enchanter-only staff from VP (that otherwise would have rotted). And I'm okay with that. I haven't even ASKED for major loot. Because I know I shouldn't be first in line for the Robe of Azure Sky.

So not only did I get most of what I consider my "good loot" on Maksim while NOT in TMO, I am not exactly swimming in loot since joining.

Which leads to the point I was trying to make: the raiding game on p99 will reward what you do as a player more so than it will reward what guild you're in. Again, YMMV.
Last edited by goshozal; 08-24-2013 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: Hookt awn fonicks werked fer mee
Old 08-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

Rotations will never happen.

Epics. Rogue, Cleric (fairly manageable), Shaman, Enchanter (fairly manageable), monk epics are they only epics you should really expect to see. They don't require raid mobs for their drops.

Raid scene for YOU, expect planar raids but no boss raids. If you are lucky you *might* be online with enough people for a server re-pop and kill something low on TMO's kill list. Server re-pops however is so rare, don't count on it.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Sarnak

Since he's sleeping for his shift tonight, I'd like to thank you guys for your constructive responses. Naena and I have been grouping with quite a few folks whose mains are in some of the main raiding guilds here, and inevitably the conversation has turned to TMO and said members basically saying that even though they have the force and the know how it's pretty much impossible to really get down and raid a lot of the high end content because TMO has it on lockdown. This isn't just two or three folks, we've been here about three weeks and if we're in a group with an alt, more often than not at some point when we talk about being new here, they'll get on the "If you're not in TMO pretty much consider yourself out of most of the high end raid content," rant.

Now for Naena, I know it's high on his list, he's always been a high end raider. For those of you from Tribunal he raided pretty hard with Elitists, then EV and lastly AN, so I can see his concern for wanting to know if it really is as dire as these folks have made it sound. I know he'd certainly like to raid again, even if it's stuff he's already experienced.

Me on the other hand, I didn't get into the real raid scene until later, and so raiding this content while it's viable sounds pretty awesome to me. I really appreciate the constructive responses, I had one group the other night where an alt of another raid guild made it all sound pretty bleak, but it's nice to know that it's the same as on live for the most part. Effort in = Reward out, and we wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm very much looking forward to attacking the Kunark era fresh, not as a noob who had never played an MMO before. It may be old hat for Naena, but for me, raiding these mobs when they actually were important sounds awesome.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. What you described is raiding Trakanon. None of the other raid mobs are basically anything like what you describe.
Faydedar, Sev, VS (though just less than 40 people)
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Dragon capable guilds just need to focus on 1-2 targets at a time. Trying to focus on the entire picture won't get you anywhere. But I assure you if you focus on 1-2 at a time you will start taking down targets. If you want to go further than that, the like-minded guilds either need to start merging or at least come to some sort of an agreement to work together
Old 08-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalcoxman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiding in P99= Camp a fully buffed raid force at whatever spawn you want to kill. Wait the 3 to 7(or more) days that it takes the mob to spawn. Track 24/7 so someone else doesn't get it. Log 40 people in and kill it. Then move to the next mob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. What you described is raiding Trakanon. None of the other raid mobs are basically anything like what you describe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Faydedar, Sev, VS (though just less than 40 people)
I'm not TMO, but I have been getting their batphones for a couple months now. Guess what I've never seen on the batphone? "GET YOUR MAINS TO EJ/TD OMG SO WE CAN SOCK FAY/SEV!!!" There have been maybe 2-3 times when FE had a group sitting on VS spawn and TMO wanted to sock or at least have mains logged out in KC, but like I said, camping out at a raid mob with buffs is a trakanon thing.

People track, yes, but I bet track coverage is only like 50% for stuff like naggy, vox, maestro, tal, etc; far from 24/7 on every mob that is in window for all of every window. People log on 40 for trak or VS or good VP dragons, but not for the others I bet. People only log out a raid force for instant respond at maybe 1.5 of the nearly 20 raid targets.

Like I said. That description of "raiding" on p99 was only remotely accurate for 1 of the 18ish raid targets on the server.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-24-2013 at 05:59 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

all these wow crybabies need their welfare epics from standing around afk in AV

Just an FYI TMO used to do a rotation; until some shit bags decided to break the deal, now they face the wheel!
Closed Thread