Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it seems like it would be pretty dull if at the end of it all it was just TMO farming all the raid mobs and nobody else getting to do much of anything.
I think that the mindset of this quote is the issue with most of the people who complain about the "raid scene" or "endgame" on p99.

How so, you ask? How many hours per week do you think TMO spends in direct preparation for or actually fighting raid mobs? Half a dozen dragons in VP, VS, trak, gore, sev, talendor, fay, CT, draco, inny, maestro, vox, naggy. That's only like 20 spawns per week. Even a person who does every single one of them probably only spends like 15 hours per week "raiding." But probably 14 of those hours are buffing, running to the right place, getting ported, hammering, recharging mallets/hats/nets/slowstone ambers, etc. Even when you don't zerg a mob down, it only takes a couple minutes to kill it.

Now split those mobs up over TMO, FE, BDA, Taken, Divinity, Europa. Each guild experiences a total of, let's call it 3, hours per week of "raiding" with only like 10 minutes of actual combat. Most people don't show up for everything. You end up with the average person getting to spend like 1 whole hour per week "raiding" ... just a few minutes per week actually spent fighting some legendary dragon/god/undead dude/whatever.

Why is everyone so fucking pissy about missing out on a few minutes per week of an admittedly fun activity? Because they don't think about this. They don't realize that if a rotation were put in place, they would actually see so little action. They think that a rotation (or even just TMO sharing stuff) is some miracle fix and that the game is going to be heaven-on-earth if only they could "raid" with their guild.

Bullshit.

People need to stop whining about stuff that they haven't put much thought into and realize that they are missing something (experiencing these fights, basically), but that that something isn't that much (a few minutes of combat per week, if "raiding" were actually split up amongst most/all of the interested and capable p99 guilds). Go have fun playing your 60 in a planes raid, or helping your guildies get epics, or being nice to lowbies who are trying to xp. Or level an alt. Or level another alt. Or sponsor a giveaway. Or do something challenging even if there isn't a point to it beyond a challenge sometimes being a hell of a lot of fun. Or join TMO if you really want to "raid" that badly. Or make your own guild and topple TMO. Or get the hell out of here!

Yeah. I'm deeply immersed. No shit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-24-2013 at 11:34 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Just app TMO it'll be alright
Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

App TMO, get what you need, then join a guild you actually like.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Hope they make that team pvp server. Fixes the raids issue. Atleast partially.

I already forgot that u can bring any number of people to raids...that's meh..4 grps should be more fun than just jerking some mob with 40+ people for easy kill.

But its been so long I played on pve server I really cant remember how it was..
Old 08-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikku82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope they make that team pvp server. Fixes the raids issue. Atleast partially.

I already forgot that u can bring any number of people to raids...that's meh..4 grps should be more fun than just jerking some mob with 40+ people for easy kill.

But its been so long I played on pve server I really cant remember how it was..
They won't
Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

It's quite funny to see the sarcastic responses from TMO members.

Here is their current stock of raid loot for sale: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=119673

Oh, and yeah...epics were pretty hard to acquire and rare in kunark era, but Kunark didn't last 2 years on live. There is no justification for the greedy shit that goes down on this server.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Last edited by Tasslehofp99; 08-24-2013 at 11:51 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They won't
Why not? Seems a no brainer. FFA pvp is dead. Team based server would be very popular.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quit ranting in Server Chat, Tasslehof.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Tec, I agree with most of your post. A lot of people who complain about the raid (or rare drops in general) don't put a lot of effort into achieving their objective. However this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is everyone so fucking pissy about missing out on a few minutes per week of an admittedly fun activity? Because they don't think about this. They don't realize that if a rotation were put in place, they would actually see so little action. They think that a rotation (or even just TMO sharing stuff) is some miracle fix and that the game is going to be heaven-on-earth if only they could "raid" with their guild.
causes me to remember the days of pickup dragon raids, or pickup god raids from back on Brell. I miss these, but not to the point of calling for the fuzz to put rules or hard code into place.

Put on your big boy pants, wear a belt.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Kobold

They should make raids 24 players only. Yes its not classic but its how it was in for example eq2 and loved it. Much more balancing with grps and tactics. Overkills aren't fun.
Closed Thread