Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-18-2023, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If ya aren’t raiding tov/going after epic, why even play a war? If you’re not trying to get at least vp or better, then just grab a wavecrasher and frostbringer and call it a day since infestation sucks now.
because its a fuckin game and people can pick whatever they enjoy playing?

so if you not going PGL why play video game at all?? if you not going pro why play any sports?
Last edited by wagorf; 05-18-2023 at 12:50 PM..
Old 05-19-2023, 01:41 PM
Kobold

You're just planning on doing group content, just tell one of the people in the group to root everything and stand closer than anyone else, you'll hold aggro. That's it, the only time agro should actually be an issue is during raids.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

When fighting mobs that summon - 51+ the root tactic doesn’t work so well. It will face whoever is closest but still hit whoever has more aggro.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 05-19-2023, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When fighting mobs that summon - 51+ the root tactic doesn’t work so well. It will face whoever is closest but still hit whoever has more aggro.
Really? I was chain rooting ancient wyverns (60) with my ranger to save the enchanter and keep them on the warrior. Might be due to the smaller hit box though.
Old 05-20-2023, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? I was chain rooting ancient wyverns (60) with my ranger to save the enchanter and keep them on the warrior. Might be due to the smaller hit box though.
Sorry - should read “ It will face whoever is closest but still hit whoever has more aggro in melee range.

I don’t know whether it applies everywhere- perhaps only certain zones follow this logic (KC) or maybe it’s been fixed.

Old 05-20-2023, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Hey, I have my epic, but Samoht or whoever keeps saying red blade is better mainhand. Does that mean I shouldn’t get a Willsapper (primary only) and offhand the red blade?
Old 05-20-2023, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry - should read “ It will face whoever is closest but still hit whoever has more aggro in melee range.

I don’t know whether it applies everywhere- perhaps only certain zones follow this logic (KC) or maybe it’s been fixed.
I don't think it works like that anymore, I have been root tanking on my warrior in the hole quite a bit recently and the summoning golems still go straight for me,in between summoning whoever
Old 05-20-2023, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it works like that anymore, I have been root tanking on my warrior in the hole quite a bit recently and the summoning golems still go straight for me,in between summoning whoever
That is a relief if it has been fixed <3

Old 08-10-2023, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2h dain axe
This.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-22-2024, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

If one were to go for a decent complmentary weapon to redblade, which would you lean more toward?

Tunare Whip
Nev Horn
Koi Trident
Willsapper
Something else