Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Old 04-21-2024, 02:12 AM
Kobold

Default Named Spawns Missing Since Server Reset on 4/20/2024

In the crypt of dalnir, Certain named mobs on the bottom floor have stopped spawning after the server reset on that date.

A spectral Crusader, An undead blacksmith, Coerced penkeeper.

These 3 mobs share 2 specific spawn points, but the crusader has been sighted in other places.

The 2 specific spawn locations are #4 and #9 on the bottom level. Nothing has spawned at those 2 spawn points since the server reset on 4/20. Nothing at all. I have witnessed a glitching skeleton like mob at location #9. Presumebly the undead blacksmith, but I am unable to see the name in the brief instant it appears and disappears. The mob appears to bounce for an instant when the room agros and is gone.

Location #4 simply has nothing at all. No placeholder, nothing. No mob appears at all.

EDIT: Mobs did finally spawn at these locations, but it seems they may have much longer spawn times than the rest of the zone, maybe a few hours. Or someone fixed them after I petitioned...
Last edited by Drueric; 04-21-2024 at 02:41 AM..
Old 04-21-2024, 03:05 AM
Kobold

EDIT: There were mobs at these location(not the named) when I was checking them repeatedly, but no named. They might have just been wanderers that stopped at these locations, because when I checked again later, no PH or named. I ahve also been repeatedly checking for all these named mobs with pet tracking, I am thus far convinced something is up with these spawns since the server reset.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:27 AM
Kobold

I keep checking with pet tracking on these 4 mobs, a spectral crusader, an undead blacksmith, a coerced penkeeper, a kly imprecator.

At one point my pet detected the undead blacksmith so I went to his spawn point but he wasnt there and my pet no longer detected it. I am the only one in the zone for hours in the middle of the night, so I know it wasnt someone else killing them. I will keep checking these spawns to see what else happens.

Shortly after I went to the location #9 on map, where the blacksmith was supposed to be, a few mins after i detected the blacksmith and arrived on scene, the coerced penkeeper appeared. So these mobs are appearing and disappearing at intervals it seems. Maybe this is intended? I wil camp this room for longer to see what else happens.
Last edited by Drueric; 04-21-2024 at 03:31 AM..
Old 04-21-2024, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Dalnir has a classic despawn mechanic on named mobs. Doesn't matter if someone is not clearing.

Pretty sure that same mechanic should apply to all of EQ mobs, but need to find more evidence of that.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:59 PM
Kobold

First time Ive heard of that. But it would explain it... unless its not intended here. I have not seen this happen anywhere else.
Last edited by Drueric; 04-22-2024 at 12:02 AM..