Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-03-2023, 08:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

ok I got as far as running wineskin and my Mac says it won't install wineskin because it can't tell if it has Malware? is there a work around or am I doomed
Old 03-05-2023, 01:30 PM
Large Rat

I'm running parallels and have followed all of the instructions. I can't seem to find anybody else citing the problem I'm having.

When I try to Launch using Titanium it gives me the following error:

Windows cannot find 'eqgame.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Anybody have any ideas of how to address this?
Old 03-05-2023, 07:51 PM
Large Rat

I also tried uninstalling Titanium and installing EQ lite. I made a shortcut of the eqgame.exe file changed to Safe ARM emulation, SP2, and added "patch me" to the target.

This attempt give me the following error:
The instruction at 0x000000001000F0CE referenced memory at 0x00000000FFFFFFC. The memory could not be read.
Old 03-31-2023, 07:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakatz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also tried uninstalling Titanium and installing EQ lite. I made a shortcut of the eqgame.exe file changed to Safe ARM emulation, SP2, and added "patch me" to the target.

This attempt give me the following error:
The instruction at 0x000000001000F0CE referenced memory at 0x00000000FFFFFFC. The memory could not be read.

I had this same issue. It kept failing and I kept setting the everquest.exe file settings. finally I set the emulation pieces on eqgame.exe and it was fixed.
Old 05-18-2023, 08:00 PM
Aviak

P1999 has been working lately on Crossover for me on my M1 Mac. Use CXPatcher. I have no idea why this works lol.
Old 05-19-2023, 07:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrizien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P1999 has been working lately on Crossover for me on my M1 Mac. Use CXPatcher. I have no idea why this works lol.
Interesting!! Can you tell us more about it?
Is it work without the "CXPatcher"? i'm new to crossover[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2023, 12:16 PM
Aviak

oh and I also install wineq2 in the crossover bottle and run eq with that
Old 06-01-2023, 07:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlpacman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm on parallels right now, but i can't get past this error:

EverQuest cannot load the zone file "load_obj.s3d" in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. The file is present but it may be corrupt. \n\nPlease either reinstall or delete and re-patch this file.

I've set it to windows xp sp2 compatibility, and set the emulation mode to safe emulation
In case anyone is looking for a solution to this error, this is what you need to do: Put the EverQuest (I am using EQLite) file folder inside of Program Files (x86) on the C: Drive within parallels. Running the .exe from anywhere other than the C Drive will cause this error.

I wasn't able to create a Dekstop shortcut to eqgame.exe because I couldn't figure out how to set the correct path location. Instead I used the Run app within windows and added a command line argument. Just right click on eqgame located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\eqgame.exe" and copy the path. Paste that into the Run command line with quotes, and then add patchme at the end.

That should fix the issue. It took me days to get P1999 running on my M1 I but was finally successful using Parallels with compatibility set to SP2 + Safe mode emulation.
Old 06-14-2023, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone been brave enough to try running P99 via MacOS Sonoma Beta and the Game Porting Toolkit? I've been mulling it over for a few days now..
Old 06-23-2023, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordNboard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone been brave enough to try running P99 via MacOS Sonoma Beta and the Game Porting Toolkit? I've been mulling it over for a few days now..
Wondering this myself... may get me back into the grind!

I should be getting my m2 mac soon to replace this intel one I am on

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman