Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 05-12-2023, 10:21 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are 3(4 for you) issues with charming at low levels, specifically for enchanters.

1.) You don't have clarity yet. Eventually you get C2, ToT, Wandering mind, etc. It just gets easier and easier to gain mana as you level up.
2.) At level 16 you don't have a great mana pool. Charm is expensive(always use the lowest level charm that will allow you to still charm blues).
3.) The level range of blues isn't great at level 16 vs let's say lvl 60 where a blue con mob is 15 levels lower than you. This will lead to more issues landing & maintaining charm.
4.) As others have stated, don't try to do 51%. Break as low as possible and finish off your pet. I used choke for the longest time to do this on my enc, great spell.

Hang in there, hunt the lowest possible blues you can, go 1v1 for awhile(1v many is better at 29+ with clarity & a better mana pool) and balance health as needed via pet sit if your pet is winning, but aim to fight similarish mobs. Also duo when possible with other classes to avoid having to charmless. It will get easier as you level up.

Good luck.
Thanks, mate. This is great advice. Here are some responses and f/u questions:

1) No C, but I do have Breeze. It helps, and I always have it up.
2) Only Charm spell I have is Charm, level 12. Yes, it's a lot of mana to use. How is the length of charm determined? I read something like "the game decides", but has any analysis been done?
3) I've been charming in Oasis - both orcs and gators. Seems to be working for me fairly well so far, but I've nearly died a few times, once to Lockjaw, another to a red orc.
4) I've been trying that and just need practice. I was able to do it a few times yesterday, and it's hilarious and awesome. Most of the time the charmed mob has way more HP left than the non-charmed mob, so when I invis to break charm, I have to root and nuke twice to kill the mob I charmed. What's some advice on how to better do this? OH SHIT I just realized the "/pet sit" is how to better do this, haha.

Again, thanks! Cheers.
Old 05-12-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, mate. This is great advice. Here are some responses and f/u questions:

1) No C, but I do have Breeze. It helps, and I always have it up.
2) Only Charm spell I have is Charm, level 12. Yes, it's a lot of mana to use. How is the length of charm determined? I read something like "the game decides", but has any analysis been done?
3) I've been charming in Oasis - both orcs and gators. Seems to be working for me fairly well so far, but I've nearly died a few times, once to Lockjaw, another to a red orc.
4) I've been trying that and just need practice. I was able to do it a few times yesterday, and it's hilarious and awesome. Most of the time the charmed mob has way more HP left than the non-charmed mob, so when I invis to break charm, I have to root and nuke twice to kill the mob I charmed. What's some advice on how to better do this? OH SHIT I just realized the "/pet sit" is how to better do this, haha.

Again, thanks! Cheers.
The last I checked enchanter charm length is determined by 3 things in order of biggest to smallest check. Level difference, magic resist, and charisma. I don’t know the weight of each one but as an enc you want high cha regardless so that’s covered. A lot of enchanters will have a pet kit with -MR items to give to a pet to help it last long. There’s several items that are good there’s a book I forget the name that is secondary only And -10MR so you get the benefit of a torch causing dual wield but also lessening MR. Adamantite rings and rusty spiked shoulder pads are good. Just don’t let your pet die but sometimes it happens and items are more of a thing when you’re duoing and trying to keep a pet to lessen the amount of charm breaks. Tash is good for this and if you have a shaman get a malo on it too. This is more for elite pets but it never hurts. Ultimately tho level difference is the biggest so like at 60 a lvl 45 pet will hold pretty well with no tash or max cha. But you should just always tash your pet the mana cost is worth a potential more expensive early break.

Also Read this guide. It’s relatively short compared to some of the other novels on the wiki guides but it will tell you what you need to do as you get more advanced.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide
Last edited by Crede; 05-12-2023 at 11:23 AM..