Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 05-04-2023, 08:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Price is based upon value.
Wrong. Price is based entirely on what people are willing to pay for it.

Some spergs just want a complete book and have more money than they know what to do with.
Old 05-04-2023, 09:00 AM
Large Bat

^ likewise? Go try to get the spell
Old 05-04-2023, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdionne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't assume my motivations? yet the next statement you assume I'm farming this spell for platinum.

I've told 1-2 copies in my lifetime between 15-25k. Never being disingenuous about the spell and claiming it's the bee's knees or it is never resisted. It's fine you include the data on the wiki to inform people but to include biased price data of what you think it's "value" is is just silly. Let the free market prices work its way out. If someone truly wanted to spend 20k or 30k I'd hope they'd check the wiki (see your data, thank you) or ask around the community and people say "its not worth it"

But I'll tell ya the copies I've sold, the buyer has admitted they'll never use it, but they are completionists and wanted a complete spell book, and it's not within their means to obtain and thanked me for finally getting that last spell. People get enjoyment for different things, not always having the most efficient spell.

It's like you are so upset you paid 50k, and felt like you got scammed and you have this oddly specific vendetta about this spell where you post multiple PSA's lol
How about we have two entries on the wiki?

Value of the spell based upon usefulness on P99: 50p
Value of the spell based upon difficulty of acquiring: Agreement between seller and buyer.

Would this be agreeable to you?
Old 05-04-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

man ucf you're all sorts of immersed buddy
Old 05-04-2023, 03:53 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about we have two entries on the wiki?

Value of the spell based upon usefulness on P99: 50p
Value of the spell based upon difficulty of acquiring: Agreement between seller and buyer.

Would this be agreeable to you?
People value things for different reasons. The wiki page should have all the relevant data of the spells usefulness, make it as clear as you want that it's no better or effective than the other necro spell, without talking about its plat "value". It's subjective, and the free market price will move over time. I'm not joking, the two people who I have sold a scroll to were very thankful they could finally complete their spellbook, some people find value in that, and achievement. The scroll isn't easily obtainable, and can be quite rare.
Old 05-04-2023, 04:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdionne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People value things for different reasons. The wiki page should have all the relevant data of the spells usefulness, make it as clear as you want that it's no better or effective than the other necro spell, without talking about its plat "value". It's subjective, and the free market price will move over time. I'm not joking, the two people who I have sold a scroll to were very thankful they could finally complete their spellbook, some people find value in that, and achievement. The scroll isn't easily obtainable, and can be quite rare.
My goal was to inform this community of the viability of this spell on P99 and to mitigate deceptive practices by preying upon the innocent/ignorant.

I understand your perspective. While you may have experienced exactly what you've stated, I've experienced the exact opposite from many necros. "Ahh man, I've just bought that thing last week for 20k", etc,.

What would be a reasonable accommodation if you're uncomfortable with my proposal?
Last edited by SantagarBrax; 05-04-2023 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: addition
Old 05-04-2023, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

UCF may be a kook but he's on the right path with this stuff. Let everyone know its 50K of uselessness, some players will just assume level+rarity+price=must have spell.
Old 05-04-2023, 07:16 PM
Banned

Hey now, I'm an excellent kook, Sir. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If your ribs don't ooze juice at the slightest pressure, you're doing it wrong.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:06 AM
Planar Protector

If any of you rich completionists out there like first editions I've still got spare copies. Guaranteed first copies aside from the few we gave to friends/guild members
Old 05-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Kobold

I paid about 35k a year or so ago from a group of farmers for Gangrenous Touch of Zum'uul. I would consider paying 10-15k now after owning it for some time though. It has limited utility and there are few mobs it actually lands on that normal lifetaps wouldn't. If you can get a Malosini + Scent of Darkness that will be about an extra -87 PR which can help it land. But by the time that comes to be you are passed the mean effectiveness of even bothering with this spell.

I understand the trouble of getting this spell to drop is extremely troublesome even for avid farmers. They went weeks without seeing a placeholder. 15k-20k is fair due to the rarity.

That being said if you can deal without a full spellbook - don't bother. This spell should only be sought after if you want to complete your spellbook and have a little fun in my opinion.