Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno, I imagine many of the disenfranchised choose to leave. The only ones that remain are probably ones that can’t afford to

Would you choose to remain in an area surrounded by those vehemently against your politics?

I guess another reason people choose to tough it out in a state surrounded by the opposite political party is that there are a lot more unsocial shut ins these days, and a lack of overall community

I was just reminiscing with a co-worker how when we were kids we knew the names of every kid and adult in every house on our block. We’d have block parties too. Now with the advent of endless screen time, no one cares to know their neighbors anymore
I've heard famous people describe the sensation of being famous as like what the human condition is supposed to be, like it feels natural and is the way we evolved. (Minus obsessive fans constantly asking for autographs)

Humans spent the last 2 million years evolving in very close knit groups of up to 150. You would basically know everything about all 150 of those people over the course of your lifetime, and all of them would know you too. Modern life is weird inside out fucked up bullshit and Americans are the worst when it comes to lack of community.