Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Default Questions on PLing with Red Dragon Tooth

I'm in the market for a Red / White Dragon Tooth, but want to get some clarity on how to PL my level 11 Enchanter with it before I blow that much plat.

I'm planning on PLing in OT, because that zone is the best for the tooth, from what I've heard.
  1. Where specifically in OT should I start? Thinking of starting in the northeast and winding my way clockwise as I level, but if there's a more effective way, let me know.
  2. I plan on giving the pet a Tola Robe (36% haste), two 6/65 rings, a Coldain Crossbow, and a Torch. Should I give it anything else?
  3. What spells should I purchase prior to starting the PL? Everything up to 49, or skip a bunch of levels?
  4. What are the best spells to cast on the pet?
  5. What should I be doing as the pet destroys mobs?
  6. About how long should I plan for the PLing to take?
  7. Any other tips / tricks?
I've never played an Enchanter before, so I'm brand new to the class. I want to have a class with which I can effectively farm stuff solo -- neither a Paladin nor a Monk are good at that.

Thanks mates. Cheers.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:02 AM
Fire Giant

Weapon wise,you'd be better off just giving it 2x deadwood staves. The lifetap procs will help keep it's HP up.
Buy your buffs mostly,self buffs and especially haste . Haste on the pet will make the biggest difference. Low lvl slow spell will help a bit at higher levels to keep it's HP up
Ot isn't a bad choice,safe afk and lots of mobs
I would probably do it in sol a or something for some zem
Old 04-20-2023, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Deadwood staves.

You don't need all your spells but I'd at least have your tashes, roots, hastes, slows, etc.

Check the weather and make sure there aren't any thunderstorms nearby. Big ouch if your power / internet gets knocked out.

I don't understand why people don't do this with a friend. The pets going to eat half the xp anyway, 2 people will get the same XP as 1...and the non-summoner char can at least train shit away if it gets ugly.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaerhawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm in the market for a Red / White Dragon Tooth, but want to get some clarity on how to PL my level 11 Enchanter with it before I blow that much plat.

I'm planning on PLing in OT, because that zone is the best for the tooth, from what I've heard.
  1. Where specifically in OT should I start? Thinking of starting in the northeast and winding my way clockwise as I level, but if there's a more effective way, let me know.
  2. I plan on giving the pet a Tola Robe (36% haste), two 6/65 rings, a Coldain Crossbow, and a Torch. Should I give it anything else?
  3. What spells should I purchase prior to starting the PL? Everything up to 49, or skip a bunch of levels?
  4. What are the best spells to cast on the pet?
  5. What should I be doing as the pet destroys mobs?
  6. About how long should I plan for the PLing to take?
  7. Any other tips / tricks?
I've never played an Enchanter before, so I'm brand new to the class. I want to have a class with which I can effectively farm stuff solo -- neither a Paladin nor a Monk are good at that.

Thanks mates. Cheers.
Heres a trick, put 2 deadwood staves on, duel and disarm pet, add haste axe, it will now dual wield axe and deadwood stave and proc haste now. Pet will perma stay max haste with tola robe now.
Last edited by Ripqozko; 04-20-2023 at 11:13 AM..
Old 04-20-2023, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Having never played an enchanter before I feel it is important to understand how the class works as you level. Giving someone a fresh 50+ enchanter and saying GO is a recipe for a bad time.

PLing a character up is great, but doing so for an enchanter in this way (as in you will basically not learn shit all how to properly play them) isn't great.

If you had played an enchanter previously and knew exactly how to play them, then yah go hard, but doing this type of PL for your FIRST enchanter i feel is a terrible idea. Save the dragon tooth for a rogue or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2023, 05:00 PM
Aviak

Ugh, but I want the levels fast, lol.
Old 04-21-2023, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

You are better off with like a barbarian spirit hammer and torch. The crossbow will bump up the max hit off the Mh only but is more a trick for lowbie hits that don’t DW and would hit for like 11 otherwise.

I’d bug a buddy to log on and give some hp buffs. Invoke death in OT is a beast but an extra 1k hps is always handy. Aegis is like 2hrs.
Old 04-21-2023, 05:08 PM
Aviak

Great idea with the Barbarian hammer. That proc is a beast.

Thanks also for telling me to get buffs. Can definitely bug someone!
Old 05-02-2023, 09:51 PM
Aviak

get a friend to make a shaman or druid to play with you -- like the other poster said, you're going to lose 50% exp anyways so you might as well level up 2 people.

SoW is going to save your ass in OT more than anything else, and the added buffs / damage shield will just make things faster
Old 05-02-2023, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having never played an enchanter before I feel it is important to understand how the class works as you level. Giving someone a fresh 50+ enchanter and saying GO is a recipe for a bad time.

PLing a character up is great, but doing so for an enchanter in this way (as in you will basically not learn shit all how to properly play them) isn't great.

If you had played an enchanter previously and knew exactly how to play them, then yah go hard, but doing this type of PL for your FIRST enchanter i feel is a terrible idea. Save the dragon tooth for a rogue or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do tend to agree with this. A friend PL'd me an enchanter and I had never played the class (having only played a monk/warrior previously). I got to 40 and it was real rough. I think when i went solo i lost like 2 levels from all the deaths.

That being said, you do learn to play it eventually. So getting a super fast level for an enchanter then eating some deaths before you learn the ropes is still much faster.