Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-13-2023, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brother I’m telling you, you will struggle at 39 with the ice giants. They have like 5000 hit points and have good resists. You might be able to kill 1 but you’ll be oom and it will still take you forever. My guess is that you will be dealing with so many root breaks, you’ll be hemorrhaging mana just from having to recast that. But try it out, maybe you’ll get a good process going with them.

44 will be better not just because of your new spell line, but you’ll get less resists. I’ve camped these both on my Druid and my necro. They hit hard and die slow. With necro it’s easy because snare fear pet is such a mana-cheap way to do damage. Druids a little harder because less dots, and root breaks like crazy.
Hill Giants, not Ice Giants. I wouldn't do Ice Giants until 44-49, and that's assuming the ones in Everfrost outside PK aren't camped round the clock.
Old 04-13-2023, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hill Giants, not Ice Giants. I wouldn't do Ice Giants until 44-49, and that's assuming the ones in Everfrost outside PK aren't camped round the clock.
Ya hill giants are easier. If you can quad them it’s even better. Ice giants aren’t bad once you get the 3 locked down
Old 04-13-2023, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget about spectres...

-Mcoy
Old 04-14-2023, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget about spectres...

-Mcoy
If you're talking about Qeynos Catacombs spectres, noty, no welfare mobs who don't cough up the cash on kill.
Old 04-14-2023, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Generally spectres drop a bunch of scythes. Idk how the sewer temple guard ones differ in p1999, but on live they dropped scythes the same as any other. Scythes are 10pp each, bronze ones 3. They drop these most of the time and often gems worth about 10. Argyn shielstan the sentry also drops a sword worth 20pp.

There are 8 spectres in oasis and a bunch in ocean of tears. The ones in Feerrott are well camped.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 04-14-2023, 02:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally spectres drop a bunch of scythes. Idk how the sewer temple guard ones differ in p1999, but on live they dropped scythes the same as any other. Scythes are 10pp each, bronze ones 3. They drop these most of the time and often gems worth about 10. Argyn shielstan the sentry also drops a sword worth 20pp.

There are 8 spectres in oasis and a bunch in ocean of tears. The ones in Feerrott are well camped.
Interesting. I'd assuming the ones in Oasis are either camped often or difficult to camp solo because of social aggro?
Old 04-14-2023, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

The outside four and ground floor spectre are all singles. Iirc you can pull top floor solo using cancel magic (can’t explain).

On a wizard or druid I’d suggest binding OOT and doing spectres/gornit/seafuries/jboots porting out to other areas when oot isn’t working for you.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 04-14-2023, 03:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The outside four and ground floor spectre are all singles. Iirc you can pull top floor solo using cancel magic (can’t explain).

On a wizard or druid I’d suggest binding OOT and doing spectres/gornit/seafuries/jboots porting out to other areas when oot isn’t working for you.
Mmm...alright, I'll give it a try when I hit 39. If it looks like Spectres are camped regularly and I have to wait hours to get any action, back to Hill Giants or Paineel.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually it's so I have money to afford parts of the Epic and Thurg armor when I hit the appropriate level. I don't like killing things that give no plat. I'd rather be 46 with a fat wallet then 60 and dumpster diving.

I do a round trip of shopping for new spells and gear every 5 levels on my Druid. Whatever I raise in those 5 levels, I bank half of it, and the other half is my spending budget, so I'm always saving up little by little. With Paineel guards it's roughly 500pp-1kpp per level.

Of course, the other part of it is that Paineel guards are an easy camp that don't aggro, and I can bind and sell right there to boot. So not only is it good money, but it's super convenient.

Eh, as long as it's safe, relatively consistent, and I don't have trouble tracking the giants or the PH, I can probably wing it.

Level 33-37 mobs at Paineel are all on a 27 minute respawn timer, while the giants and their PH are on 6m and 30s, so a giant every 2-4 spawns is roughly the same exp in that scenario, but average three times the plat per kill.
Bro if you have a Druid with all the ports just join DAP and port a bunch. I’ve made over 5k pp in a long session of porting when I had a guy in DAP. You will make so much more money than grinding giants and things like that for plat.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro if you have a Druid with all the ports just join DAP and port a bunch. I’ve made over 5k pp in a long session of porting when I had a guy in DAP. You will make so much more money than grinding giants and things like that for plat.
Cool, something to look forward to. I’ve got to get to 49 first though, to offer the full venue of taxi locations.