Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-04-2023, 09:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default C'moooon

So I probably stand alone but I'm just curious, as much as I love old school vanilla EQ and P99.. can I play with up to date graphics? I have a group of friends I've been trying to get on board to play the game with, and they've even said the game looks fun and they would enjoy the challenge. The only thing stopping them is the graphics. They're prissy of course, but I can understand it in some sense where they are coming from. They've never played Everquest and they're coming to try out a 20 year old game. Keep all the mechanics. Keep it P99, just give me an option to not play with minecraft characters and let me enjoy the astetics of all this loot I've worked so hard to get via current graphics.
Old 03-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

I don't have any add-ons but whenever viewers see my titanium client everyone asks what's up with it and says that my graphics are like modern EQ, just with the old character models. One of kraddoks videos he even makes a comment about my client on it. I have no idea how or why it looks the way it does but apparently the parrot sign at the green blood guild is a good indicator if you have what I have. for me the sign is of a photorealistic parrot, but it seems like everyone else has this other kind of cartoon parrot, at least that's what kraddok video says
Old 03-07-2023, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

calm down harry
Old 03-07-2023, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBallasagna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I probably stand alone but I'm just curious, as much as I love old school vanilla EQ and P99.. can I play with up to date graphics? I have a group of friends I've been trying to get on board to play the game with, and they've even said the game looks fun and they would enjoy the challenge. The only thing stopping them is the graphics. They're prissy of course, but I can understand it in some sense where they are coming from. They've never played Everquest and they're coming to try out a 20 year old game. Keep all the mechanics. Keep it P99, just give me an option to not play with minecraft characters and let me enjoy the astetics of all this loot I've worked so hard to get via current graphics.
Click Cen(the post below) sig below and check out some of his how to tutorial videos on YouTube.
Old 03-07-2023, 02:23 PM
Orc

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...-announcement/

Just have to make nvidia add d3d8 support, and then have the p99 devs allow it.

edit : oops, they will have d3d8.
Last edited by TercerRigo; 03-07-2023 at 02:30 PM..
Old 03-07-2023, 02:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

imagine using the word prissy in 2023
Old 03-07-2023, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Visual_Enhancements

EQ Enhanced HD at this link is fully supported and looks fantastic. Still very blocky, but its waaaaay more sharp and HD. I am a huge fan of this.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imagine using the word prissy in 2023
cat
Old 03-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click Cen(the post below) sig below and check out some of his how to tutorial videos on YouTube.
No tutorial I have for P99 is related to his question. I haven't run any add-ons or anything, I just use the normal client.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:16 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBallasagna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely understand where you're coming from. EverQuest has its own charm with the old-school graphics, but I also appreciate the desire for a more visually appealing experience. While the official EverQuest servers may not offer updated graphics, there are options available that might cater to your preferences. There are private servers, like Project 1999 (P99), that aim to recreate the classic EverQuest experience. However, I'm not aware of any official updates or modifications to enhance the graphics while keeping the core mechanics intact.