Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-13-2023, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this abandoned? No updates on github recently.
This is a bit of a marathon project with bursty development, hoping to get motivated and back into fixes and new features again soon. Burned out a little writing all those regex matches for spell text in July.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2023, 08:06 PM
Kobold

Version 3.4.1 is up with hopefully less broken encounter parsing, please let me know if you run into an error when using python 3.7.x!
Old 03-26-2023, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Version 3.4.5 update is out:
- More parser matching
- Bug fixes and tweaks
- Configurable default zone pop alert delay
- Docker support
Old 03-26-2023, 07:37 PM
Kobold

Special thanks to Bivouac598 for their contributions in this release - Thank you!
Old 03-28-2023, 07:48 PM
Kobold

Version 3.4.7 update is out:
- Parse more
- Bug fixes

~~Running in to an issue matching the necromancer lifetap spell line flavor text "Name beams a smile at Name" using the regex "^[a-zA-Z`\s]+ beams a smile at [a-zA-Z`\s]+$". Testing in isolation with just that line works just fine, but for some reason the parser still returns it as an undetermined line. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!~~ Oops nevermind, found the fix for that line type! Will be in next update.

Next up, focusing on finishing timers!
Last edited by Indefinite; 03-28-2023 at 07:57 PM..
Old 05-17-2023, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

got this installed as 90% of the time I'm playing p99 on my lil chromebook running Lubuntu, program loads up but anytime I do or press any of the hotkeys it says "terminal too small" and stops responding pretty much.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
got this installed as 90% of the time I'm playing p99 on my lil chromebook running Lubuntu, program loads up but anytime I do or press any of the hotkeys it says "terminal too small" and stops responding pretty much.
This is a pretty interesting bug!

`Terminal too small` should only render if the terminal window is smaller than 80x40 characters (see here). It sounds like, for some reason, your terminal emulator thinks it is that size following a key press event.

What terminal emulator are you using with Lubuntu? I haven't tried too many, but eqalert works as expected when using the `terminator` terminal emulator.

Does this issue persist if you run the parser in docker or does ~/.eqa/log/eqalert.log show any errors?

If this is a persistent compatibility issue between ncurses and a prominent terminal emulator, I will probably re-prioritize writing a GUI (which is 99% of the windows compatibility issue as windows really doesn't work well with ncurses either).
Old 05-18-2023, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

I mainly just use the laptop to play p99 so not 100% sure on the details of Lubuntu, trying to look it up in the documentation but whatever the default terminal emu that shows up when you ctrl+alt+t.

the eqalert.log only shows a sound errors like:

INFO:root:[2023-05-17_08:59:22]: sound_play_sound: Error on line 133: Command '['/usr/bin/python3', '/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/playsound.py', '/tmp/eqa/sound/3f72bec93a111ae895a49b94e9420216.wav']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mainly just use the laptop to play p99 so not 100% sure on the details of Lubuntu, trying to look it up in the documentation but whatever the default terminal emu that shows up when you ctrl+alt+t.

the eqalert.log only shows a sound errors like:

INFO:root:[2023-05-17_08:59:22]: sound_play_sound: Error on line 133: Command '['/usr/bin/python3', '/home/user/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/playsound.py', '/tmp/eqa/sound/3f72bec93a111ae895a49b94e9420216.wav']' returned non-zero exit status 1.
A non-zero exit code from playsound may be a missing dependency for it. I chose playsound optimistically for an eventual cross-platform solution but it can be a little wonky with its linux dependency requirements in it's lack of explicitly reporting them when missing. Since lubuntu is a light weight variant, it may be worth spot checking the dependencies in the Dockerfile and/or installing PyObjC.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:29 PM
Kobold

Version 3.5.0 is out:

gTTS Updates
* Lingo expansion
* Set TLD in config
* Set Language in config

Player Data

* Collect player data from /who
* `/say who [player]` - speak player info
* Config value to persist
* Used for determining spell duration from other players

Spell Timers
* Reshape spell-timers.json to work, requires legacy check
* Many spell timer config settings
* Spell formulas
* Spell lines file, match vague spell lines to possible spells
* Spell casters file, match class/level requirements to spell
* Spell timers are determined by looking at the spell landing message and looking back cast time ago for each spell it could be associated to.
* When multiple spells are possible, the highest level spell the caster could use is selected.
* Caster data is pulled from `/who` output to determine spell duration when level is used.
* By default only spells you cast will alert about 24 seconds before the spell drops, adjusting for zoning drift if you are also the target.
* Timers for others will drift with zoning or logging out and not track updates to their buffs that occur outside of the log message radius.
* Optional toggles in settings can also be set to filter guild only spell targets/casters, or just track any spell that lands on anyone you have /who player data for by disabling all filters.
* Due to how casters are inferred through cast time, item click spell casts are not tracked yet. With guessing enabled, non-instant clicky items for spells that can't normally be cast (i.e. Black Flower of Functionality) should be tracked.
* Save timers by character / server when stopping the parser or switching characters
* When loading old timers adjust timers targeting yourself to having been logged out

Please let me know if you run in to any bugs or strange behavior by submitting an issue here or in this thread!
Last edited by Indefinite; 05-26-2023 at 10:42 PM..