Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-12-2022, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Default Wake me up when Green 2.0 is announced

Forums are dead right now. Game is meh. Need something new. Ready for Green 2.0.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

I fear you are in for a long sleep friend, 2023+
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-12-2022, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Even longer if they run red 2 first which seems likely.

If you are a non pvp guy enjoy one of the two currently 500 plus pop servers and be happy
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even longer if they run red 2 first which seems likely.

If you are a non pvp guy enjoy one of the two currently 500 plus pop servers and be happy
I will say this about the 50 or so people who play pvp, they are a confident and vocal bunch.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will say this about the 50 or so people who play pvp, they are a confident and vocal bunch.
Isn't it really just this guy?
Old 04-12-2022, 01:48 PM
Banned

wake me up when september ends
Old 04-12-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

My rationale for stating that it seems more likely to see a red 2.0 before we see a green 2.0 is that Red 2.0 or the PVP Discord server have actually been discussed in the past, even if it's been several years now. In contrast, while the green -> merger was planned from the beginning of green launch, I have not seen any discussion from the staff about a green 2.0.

I'm really not super confident here, just speculating with the extremely limited information I have.

And after some of the most challenging aspects of green 1.0 some players might be interested in trying a server with a different take on things, and it could really bring more players into the fold because EQ PVP is an extremely rare sub genre of MMO's, and many many players missed out on this kind of real pvp versus the hand hold childs play PVP of a more "modern" MMO.

I'm not confident, just hopeful.

And my comments were meant to encourage all of the non PVP players to take advantage of the fact that you currently have TWO 500+ population single box EQ emulator servers that do a better job of recreating 2001 era everquest than really anyone could ever have hoped for a non SOE server. Sure they are at the end of their timeline but you've got 500 people to interact with, that is pretty robust. Waiting what could be YEARS for a new timeline progression server seems like a pretty hard line to take when the existing servers are so healthy.

Red 1.0 on the other hand has been double digit population for several years now after multiple server cataclysms and the interest in a "fresh start" encouraging people to TRY pvp will certainly bring a lot of new people into the pvp version of the game.

On PVP EQ almost 50% more items suddenly actually make a difference to your playing experience, and resists matter for more than just dragon killing. It's really a more dynamic way of playing. The "mean PK's" are significantly less of a nuissance than the "mean permacampers" you run into on a blue server cock blocking every camp and being assholes in general with impertinence.

Basically, try it and you'll like it. Red 1.0 in its dead state really doesn't give a decent representation of what EQ PVP is like so it's hard to recommend to people except any skilled player who wants to quest and actually find camps open.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 04-12-2022 at 02:39 PM..
Old 04-12-2022, 03:06 PM
Aviak

It's confusing to me that the staff here spends so much time dealing with the raid scene yet the entire community can't get a yearly (or two) update to talk about the project's overall status.
Old 04-12-2022, 03:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's confusing to me that the staff here spends so much time dealing with the raid scene yet the entire community can't get a yearly (or two) update to talk about the project's overall status.
You just asked and answered your own question
Only so many volunteers, very busy dealing with other things
Old 04-12-2022, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

If you think we are getting any new servers or a merger at any point before the heat death of the universe I got some beach front property in South Dakota to sell you.