Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-27-2023, 07:21 AM
Kobold

WinEQ2 is trash even if it runs correctly, it drops your performance in EQ, i really can tell the difference when i don't run WinEQ2.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:53 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzHaN80 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WinEQ2 is trash even if it runs correctly, it drops your performance in EQ, i really can tell the difference when i don't run WinEQ2.
I feel that is purely anecdotal. I have dozens of friends who play EQ, and only use WinE2. I use it myself, as its the only way to fix the gamma issue, or run multiple instances of EQ without headaches. I've never had any issues performance wise, so unless you're on a potato, I think you're clearly doing something wrong.
Old 05-16-2023, 02:15 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsi1511 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel that is purely anecdotal. I have dozens of friends who play EQ, and only use WinE2. I use it myself, as its the only way to fix the gamma issue, or run multiple instances of EQ without headaches. I've never had any issues performance wise, so unless you're on a potato, I think you're clearly doing something wrong.
There is performance downgrade, i don't run on a potato xD. 32GB DDR4 @ AMD 3700x with a 3080 and NVME2 SSD, since i stopped using WinEQ2 i could tell the difference.
Old 07-14-2023, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

How do I run Wineq2 with dgvoodoo2? When I run only dgvoodoo2, i get frequent crashes/issues. When i run only wineq2 i get resetdevice crashes. FK this is annoying. I need to run both somehow, I tried some renamed .d3d9 file and that did not work.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I run Wineq2 with dgvoodoo2? When I run only dgvoodoo2, i get frequent crashes/issues. When i run only wineq2 i get resetdevice crashes. FK this is annoying. I need to run both somehow, I tried some renamed .d3d9 file and that did not work.
Saw this post on reddit about this: https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...stall/ij7xtzr/
Old 01-20-2024, 03:39 AM
Large Rat

Yep did all that and it still goes to eqgame instead of the launch titanium.bat